Bedlington x greyhound 1st 2generation

3 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Did you see him work in the flesh ,

No I didn’t moocher71, I’ve spoke to terry 20 years ago who’s nothing like Rambos owner, I’ve friends who have seen terrys bedlingtons & beflington lurchers work and were impressed with them.what folks are are forgetting about your dogs breeding is the whippet or greyhound blood which also contributes to how the pup turns out, good luck with him.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my pup came from fella you talking about.he as one best bedlington terrier I seen in yrs,not x with another type to pep it up greyhounds he as are workedand do ok from what he said. i don't

you can say what you like about plummer but he was one hell of a writer. we are all guilty of reading them and finding our opinions later. 

As bad as hondjob with his merel collie crosses charging more money  150 is plenty for a lurcher pup 

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

Aslong as your happy with what it can do then fair enough mate but I found with dogs honesty is the best policy and that rambo dog obviously isn't what the owner led people to believe he was 

Rambo owner had a one maybey two in on the crux of it remember bunch of fecking pedlars I'd substandard stock .atb bill

19 minutes ago, billhardy said:

Yes of course I did and not on the video another time ,I seen perhaps twenty five dogs terriers plus lurchers maybey more direct and not one left a second thought in my mind other than has today how poor they were .the best bedlington influence jukels I seen were George Kelly bred I Sen a few off these walk I fetched one from him for a ferriting buddy she  worked out about five eights three eights non ped whippet xs ,worked with us da a good few seasons blistering take off speed mopped coneys up fast ground small ground pur natural and they were mostly all the same .that was along time ago but they were the best beddy xes I seen  atb bill

I had 1 direct from George Kelly in 1991 had her 16 years cracking little dog. 

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, Str said:

No I didn’t moocher71, I’ve spoke to terry 20 years ago who’s nothing like Rambos owner, I’ve friends who have seen terrys bedlingtons & beflington lurchers work and were impressed with them.what folks are are forgetting about your dogs breeding is the whippet or greyhound blood which also contributes to how the pup turns out, good luck with him.

I've only heard good things about terry and his line of bedlington lurchers  ,like I've said one dog in a line dont make the line a bad one .

im happy with what I have and as long as she works that's all I'm botherd about .atb

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

Rambo isn't the father to my pup.rambo may b in the line but one dog in a line don't make a full line bad .

See ss tried racing whippets long before anything els failed miserably,lots ta be said of a mans track record with a performance type he was doomed from the start because he could not see the necessary of a breed type I was allways bewildered how become involved with working types I sit and wonder and can see it how it his hobby breeding .theres lots at it just want seen back then  for what it was .lol.atb bill

• Like 2
On 26/02/2019 at 22:03, Busher100 said:

Seen the vid of rambo working and i would much rather use a harder type beddy with outcross blood than one like him to produce lurchers, but I suppose it depends what you intend on using the pups for.

Do you think bedlingtons were crossed with Lakeland’s etc to make them harder dogs? Well that’s not why George Newcombe outcrossed, it was simply because he couldn’t find pure bedlingtons that worked like his and he needed new blood.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Str said:

Do you think bedlingtons were crossed with Lakeland’s etc to make them harder dogs? Well that’s not why George Newcombe outcrossed, it was simply because he couldn’t find pure bedlingtons that worked like his and he needed new blood.

Is there any pure kc reg bedingtons doing a lot of digging any one know? I never heard of one, if the pure beddys didn't need the out cross blood they wouldn't of been outcrossed. Atb

8 hours ago, Busher100 said:

Is there any pure kc reg bedingtons doing a lot of digging any one know? I never heard of one, if the pure beddys didn't need the out cross blood they wouldn't of been outcrossed. Atb

Just because you’ve never heard of a KC beddie doing earth work doesn’t mean there isn’t any, the majority of working dog men don’t come on here this forum is not the centre of the universe when it comes to working dogs.Bedlingtons did need an outcoss that is true but but it wasn’t because they had no fire in there belly’s . I’ve owned (not seen or mi mates) Beddlingtons 2 pure & 1 outcross ,they were all good dogs but my first KC bitch was the best worker.if I was to buy another beddie I would probably go for an outcross these days but I don’t think a 14-15 inch beddie that can easily get to ground would be my choice to breed beddie x greyhounds,I would rather have a 16-17 well made bedlington pure or an outcross as long as it was a good size and hunted really well,but I wouldn’t use a KC show type the sort that a really narrow and look like they could go over in a light breeze.

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, Str said:

Just because you’ve never heard of a KC beddie doing earth work doesn’t mean there isn’t any, the majority of working dog men don’t come on here this forum is not the centre of the universe when it comes to working dogs.Bedlingtons did need an outcoss that is true but but it wasn’t because they had no fire in there belly’s . I’ve owned (not seen or mi mates) Beddlingtons 2 pure & 1 outcross ,they were all good dogs but my first KC bitch was the best worker.if I was to buy another beddie I would probably go for an outcross these days but I don’t think a 14-15 inch beddie that can easily get to ground would be my choice to breed beddie x greyhounds,I would rather have a 16-17 well made bedlington pure or an outcross as long as it was a good size and hunted really well,but I wouldn’t use a KC show type the sort that a really narrow and look like they could go over in a light breeze.

I agree I hate the narrow lamb headed ones i saw a old dear with 1 this morning when i was out with my dog looked skinny and poor coat shivering 

9 hours ago, Busher100 said:

They is bedlingtons working in U.K. And Europe ,got to remember they was never bred for the shires and its packs on horse back but the border lands were a bigger tuffer dog was needed to work the rock piles .they are used on pig ,brock in Europe because they suit bigger game.

plenty of kc dogs of different breeds work ,look at the whippet and they still rated as good workers .its not the breed at fault but breeders .

• Like 1

ive spoke to Terry over the years on forums. He has been in bedlingtons for the long haul while others have fell by the wayside.Always comes across as a honest decent knowlegeable bloke.Ive seen a fair few beddy/grey first crosses and the best was bred local from a greyhound taken to a kc stud owned by j piggin in the 80s.

Edited by darbo
  • Like 4