Bedlington x greyhound 1st 2generation

The vast,vast majority of Beddy lurchers are bred from Non earth working Bedlingtons,usually more KC than anything else,ALL Bedlingtons have something else in the mix and i fail to understand the stance on pure KC working dross over A crossbred terrier that is more Bedlington,in conformation and work ethic than the vast,vast,vast majority of KC ribbon and dollar bred terriers.Ive read through this thread and it seems only the Beddy side of the Breeding is cause for concern and ridicule,if i ever bred a lurcher the dam and sire where as important.Hybrid vigour plays a massive part in the potential of any beddy lurcher and its a fact that many a pup bred from a piss poor Beddy and a failed Greyhound will be far superior,as an hunting companion,that either of its parents.If you wish for a better hunting Beddy lurcher id never own a first cross,lurcher to lurcher bred,bred for graft and not financial reward,is the only way forward.The only reason there is a massive market for commercial bred lurchers is that there is a massive amount of nuggets to buy them.

• Like 2

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my pup came from fella you talking about.he as one best bedlington terrier I seen in yrs,not x with another type to pep it up greyhounds he as are workedand do ok from what he said. i don't

you can say what you like about plummer but he was one hell of a writer. we are all guilty of reading them and finding our opinions later. 

As bad as hondjob with his merel collie crosses charging more money  150 is plenty for a lurcher pup 

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, poxon said:

But we have so one dogs not enough from handjob?An 3 bedlington is not enough? I think your problem lays on my honest opinion having some truth behind it we don’t all want to hang of the cocks of peddling celebritys. Tell me more take it you still keep handjob bred dogs?

There not your dogs yes or no? You’ve made claims you can’t back up, if I didn’t know better your jealous of Hancock etc.

33 minutes ago, morton said:

The vast,vast majority of Beddy lurchers are bred from Non earth working Bedlingtons,usually more KC than anything else,ALL Bedlingtons have something else in the mix and i fail to understand the stance on pure KC working dross over A crossbred terrier that is more Bedlington,in conformation and work ethic than the vast,vast,vast majority of KC ribbon and dollar bred terriers.Ive read through this thread and it seems only the Beddy side of the Breeding is cause for concern and ridicule,if i ever bred a lurcher the dam and sire where as important.Hybrid vigour plays a massive part in the potential of any beddy lurcher and its a fact that many a pup bred from a piss poor Beddy and a failed Greyhound will be far superior,as an hunting companion,that either of its parents.If you wish for a better hunting Beddy lurcher id never own a first cross,lurcher to lurcher bred,bred for graft and not financial reward,is the only way forward.The only reason there is a massive market for commercial bred lurchers is that there is a massive amount of nuggets to buy them.

Mort..  does hybrid vigour still occur then even though the beddy isn't 'pure'??  Genuine question.  I've still got all major limbs attached.. so not officially a nugget just yet. 

P.s... don't bite my f@@king head off!!?

Edited by Bush Rummager
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, Str said:

There not your dogs yes or no? You’ve made claims you can’t back up, if I didn’t know better your jealous of Hancock etc.

Family dogs so yes an no but can’t back up either as there no longer here because they were shit!! Must be jealous of Hancock then that must be it I’m jealous ????ffs sake jealous of a old peddler of collie x cast racing greyhounds that would sell to any old c**t if they flash the cash I’ve heard it all now. You still ain’t answered my question you still running a hand job dog?

1 minute ago, Bush Rummager said:

Mort..  does hybrid vigour still occur then even though the beddy isn't 'pure'??  Genuine question.  I've still got all major limbs attached.. so not officially a nugget just yet. 

P.s... don't bit my f@@king head off!!?

Hybrid vigour rescues many a first cross breeding,it has a massive impact on the pups working potential and is responsible for rescuing what should in reality be a waste of puppy flesh.Most breeds are not pure,the pedigree of any mutt is ink on paper,there are some right unscrupulous pen owners,especially when the till tinkles.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, poxon said:

Family dogs so yes an no but can’t back up either as there no longer here because they were shit!! Must be jealous of Hancock then that must be it I’m jealous ????ffs sake jealous of a old peddler of collie x cast racing greyhounds that would sell to any old c**t if they flash the cash I’ve heard it all now. You still ain’t answered my question you still running a hand job dog?

No I am not.

1 hour ago, jackthelad said:

Iv saw 2 Plummer lurchers work on uist a bitch called merab and a young dog called goose if I remember right this was over 15 years ago and for the rabbit job they were excellent we took over hundred rabbits that night with them 2 lurchers .... good coats on them cracking feet stamina to burn handy dogs... also excellent ferreting dogs

That would be merrab 2 I guess. I saw Plummers original merrab ferreting, she was exceptional at marking. Her daughter pheadra was a handy thing too. Known several others that were superb lurchers on a variety of quarry.