Bedlington x greyhound 1st 2generation

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

my pup came from fella you talking about.he as one best bedlington terrier I seen in yrs,not x with another type to pep it up greyhounds he as are workedand do ok from what he said. i don't

you can say what you like about plummer but he was one hell of a writer. we are all guilty of reading them and finding our opinions later. 

As bad as hondjob with his merel collie crosses charging more money  150 is plenty for a lurcher pup 

Posted Images

Just now, W. Katchum said:

Not a chance in hell, it would have to be a cracking sheep dog among other things before I’d even look at it an the same thought would go into the running dog side a things.

not a personal dig as I don’t think your a breeder but it’s nae wonder the dog game is fcuked an over run with dogs if folk have this same attitude ☹️

never bred any pups myself katchy. personally I have no interest in anything bigger than rabbits. if the little dogs do that to a good standard it's all I ask. 

22 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

But it’s still a working dog that failed at the job. Why use it when ye can use one that hasn’t? 

If the beddy could kill fox on top but not great in ground ld still use the dog as your not needing your beddy greyhound for going to ground an be dug to , but would not to another terrier for digging job 

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, fred90 said:

does it have to be a earth dog to produce a lurcher?. if it works, marks bushes, rabbit, rat, squirrel etc, and you only work rabbits whats the problem. 

If your just doing that there is no problem, but show them something more a few in a night and there might just be a very big problem

I've only ever seen 1 beddy work to ground in over 30 years that was about 15 years ago was a tidy little bitch did her job well couldn't fault her but I think now finding 1 that does go to ground regularly would be like finding rocking horse shit I'd take a f1 off a decent working type that did its job and has worked fox on cains and things where I am we have spots with old stone drains and things which would be ok for them but would probably struggle on the small earths where I where in Scotland they would have been great on the cains a leggy dog faired much better 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

I've only ever seen 1 beddy work to ground in over 30 years that was about 15 years ago was a tidy little bitch did her job well couldn't fault her but I think now finding 1 that does go to ground regularly would be like finding rocking horse shit I'd take a f1 off a decent working type that did its job and has worked fox on cains and things where I am we have spots with old stone drains and things which would be ok for them but would probably struggle on the small earths where I where in Scotland they would have been great on the cains a leggy dog faired much better 

there's still a few good lads with digging beddies.....regardless of the shit some people speak on here about them ?

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

there's still a few good lads with digging beddies.....regardless of the shit some people speak on here about them ?

I'm sure there is pal I just haven't known [NO TEXT TALK] who works them known a few with good beddy greys and beddy whippets but just wish I had the old boys number who the beddy belonged to to see if he still was in the game 

2 hours ago, Busher100 said:

I wonder why so many thought he was a decent dog when it's on tape he was not all that, why would someone breed lurchers from a beddy that would rather sit and bark at it's fox then get hold and finish it? If any lurcher I own did what he did on the the vid it would not make the trip home and certainly not get bigged up as something it's not  

The reason why Rambo had such a good name was because most believed what it’s owner said about it, no different than today,I once spoke to Rambos owner who told me and my friend that Rambo had ran out of its yard an ran straight into a large dog and broke its back!! We both burst out laughing at him.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, baker boy said:

Going by what I saw on that video that dog would need a fcuking machine gun to kill a fox

Not on about Rambo pal , just saying you don't need a digging beddy to get good beddy greyhound if beddy works cover an gets stuck in be a dog to look at to put to greyhound 

• Like 2

how many of yous saying Rambo was crap worker actually witnessed him at work in the flesh.

when I picked my pup up the kennels and yard were spotless ,all the dogs looked fit and well cared for.and the lad who bred her was a gent.

he as a sister to my pup from last litter that's doing well and lads that had pups from last litter went back for another because they doing ok.

,I'm happy with my pup and after all she only as to please me.

• Like 1