countryfile tonight

4 minutes ago, morton said:

I give as well as id like to receive and respect any honest input,again owning a fecking lurcher is more about owning and enjoying the mutt at hand,or should be,than fecking numbers.Obviously visiting a site like this you may come under the misconception that numbers is a goal many of us seek,thats another negative misconception thats shooters like to portray,possibly in the same way folk believe shooters shoot and count later,as the majority of shooters would have to take their shoes and socks off to count ill take that with a pinch of salt that ill throw over the next pheasant i toss in a ditch,after the shoot.

I can understand you. But there was no need to ramp into me because I asked a straight question. That question is ..... is the use of lurcher or wippets an area thing. ? Is this banned dog work more area defined 

There are one or two greyhounds and wippets  in the area that I've seen but they are just pets. Round here I've ònly ever known one bloke ( pre ban )( whatever that means) that used a lurcher to hunt rabits. It all seemed a bit inefficient way to control rabbits. 

The only time I saw something along these line was a p***y bloke chucked a dog into the boot of a car and money started changing hands. 

I've broken the thought up into individual parts to make more overall sense. I know what you mean by the thoughts that remain in the mind of a snippsnippet me and a memory of that high pheasant or that sky on a particular duck flight or that snap shot at that bolting fòx that chopped it down mid jump over a fence.

So the question remains unanswered. Is this type of hunting an area thing because I  don't see any around here.? 

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

strange   isnt it  , part of our culture for hundreds of years    ,, yet now not tolerated  , yet foregners come to our land  with some barbaric religious customs  , and guess what .. laws are changed

Seriously you egoistic twat,its not about control,thats so fecking offensive,its about the time ,the moment,the experience in the field,the hunt and chase,mostly the hunt,the numbers have feck all to

If you're stupid enough to post  it on social  media, then you gotta take what's coming......?

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Meece said:

I can understand you. But there was no need to ramp into me because I asked a straight question. That question is ..... is the use of lurcher or wippets an area thing. ? Is this banned dog work more area defined 

There are one or two greyhounds and wippets  in the area that I've seen but they are just pets. Round here I've ònly ever known one bloke ( pre ban )( whatever that means) that used a lurcher to hunt rabits. It all seemed a bit inefficient way to control rabbits. 

The only time I saw something along these line was a p***y bloke chucked a dog into the boot of a car and money started changing hands. 

I've broken the thought up into individual parts to make more overall sense. I know what you mean by the thoughts that remain in the mind of a snippsnippet me and a memory of that high pheasant or that sky on a particular duck flight or that snap shot at that bolting fòx that chopped it down mid jump over a fence.

So the question remains unanswered. Is this type of hunting an area thing because I  don't see any around here.? 

The lurcher is a national cur,it turns up in the most advantaged and disadvantaged kennel,it circumnavigates the class divide even though its recognised as a working class jukel.its recognised as the elite fur,feather and pest controller in a sporting sense,a more mercenary take on the killing of animals would advocate the use of a gun,trap or snare.The majority of lucher folk that i have affinity with enjoy the hunt and chase more than the end result,with the gun,trap or snare we lose the romance many lurcher owners warm to.

• Like 6
52 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

I don't honestly see anyone else getting stuck into this after an election. They dealt with it once and the legislation was so bad, despite all the time they spent on it, I can't see them going back. There will be an occasional outcry for someone to do something but they'll just log into social media and arrest the low hanging fruit to bump up the numbers. Then they'll return to doing nothing. If you understand the Hunting Act you'll know exactly how to drive a bus through the loopholes and you'll continue as always knowing full well that catching hare-coursers is much easier on Facebook than it is to actually get into the field and get them red handed.

I honestly don't see a repeal in the future but I think it'll stand as it is for a very long time.

I cannot imagine any politicians wanting another six or seven hundred hours worth of debating over something they know nothing about, who'd want to tackle a cluster fukc like the hunting act ffs

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

I cannot imagine any politicians wanting another six or seven hundred hours worth of debating over something they know nothing about, who'd want to tackle a cluster fukc like the hunting act ffs

Same. A repeal will just agitate the opposition the status quo just lets everyone get on and the majority of people that make up the rest of the country go about their daily lives as unaffected as they always have.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, low plains drifter said:

Labour. Was it not in their manifesto.

Edited by dogmandont
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, ChrisJones said:

Just write PRE-BAN (capitals and italics for emphasis) at the beginning and end of each post. They're not legally admissable in court then... :rolleyes:

You could always use long ears, or bambi, or gingers etc in any post....that'll throw them!!

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Meece said:

No matter what area you.are in there will be dog lads sneaking on your land after all shooters have gone to bed....only difference is, if they are any good, you won't know they've been....and unlike shooters they'll take what they've killed home lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, morton said:

The lurcher is a national cur,it turns up in the most advantaged and disadvantaged kennel,it circumnavigates the class divide even though its recognised as a working class jukel.its recognised as the elite fur,feather and pest controller in a sporting sense,a more mercenary take on the killing of animals would advocate the use of a gun,trap or snare.The majority of lucher folk that i have affinity with enjoy the hunt and chase more than the end result,with the gun,trap or snare we lose the romance many lurcher owners warm to.

I've always said the kill is the worst bit...the hunt/Chase is what makes it special...there are a few that get away that stick in your mind as much as the ones in the bag...

• Like 2