countryfile tonight

2 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

As I’ve got older I’ve come to realise that the idiots are actually the majority in the lurcher game, you only have to read some of the stuff that gets posted on here to see it. Lurcher work is in its last throws and if labour get in any form of terrierwork will go as well. 

Exactly what I was thinking.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

strange   isnt it  , part of our culture for hundreds of years    ,, yet now not tolerated  , yet foregners come to our land  with some barbaric religious customs  , and guess what .. laws are changed

Seriously you egoistic twat,its not about control,thats so fecking offensive,its about the time ,the moment,the experience in the field,the hunt and chase,mostly the hunt,the numbers have feck all to

If you're stupid enough to post  it on social  media, then you gotta take what's coming......?

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

As I’ve got older I’ve come to realise that the idiots are actually the majority in the lurcher game, you only have to read some of the stuff that gets posted on here to see it. Lurcher work is in its last throws and if labour get in any form of terrierwork will go as well. 

aye......thinking about it, you could very well be right there...…...?

Thinking about it, the TV report was entirely pointless !

Hare coursing, cock fighting etc are already illegal. You can't make something more illegal (can you ?), so the problem is, maybe, that the police aren't enforcing the laws we already have ?

Just a thought...........

• Thanks 1

Is this banned dog work more area defined. I've had Labrador's and sprinters because I shot walked up,  driven pheasant and pigeon with shotgun and rabbit and Fox  and target with rifle, because those dogs suit that sort of hunting.  There are one or two greyhounds and whispers in the area that I've seen but they are just pets. Round here I've ònly ever known one bloke ( pre ban )( whatever that means) that used a lurcher to hunt rabits. It all seemed a bit inefficient way to control rabbits.  The only time I saw something along these line was a p***y bloke chucked a dog into the boot of a car and money started changing hands.

Edited by Meece
2 minutes ago, Meece said:

Is this banned dog work more area defined. I've had Labrador's and sprinters because I shot walked up,  driven pheasant and pigeon with shotgun and rabbit and Fox  and target with rifle, because those dogs suit that sort of hunting.  There are one or two greyhounds and whispers in the area that I've seen but they are just pets. Round here I've ònly ever known one bloke ( pre ban )( whatever that means) that used a lurcher to hunt rabits. It all seemed a bit inefficient way to control rabbits. 

I don't honestly see anyone else getting stuck into this after an election. They dealt with it once and the legislation was so bad, despite all the time they spent on it, I can't see them going back. There will be an occasional outcry for someone to do something but they'll just log into social media and arrest the low hanging fruit to bump up the numbers. Then they'll return to doing nothing. If you understand the Hunting Act you'll know exactly how to drive a bus through the loopholes and you'll continue as always knowing full well that catching hare-coursers is much easier on Facebook than it is to actually get into the field and get them red handed.

I honestly don't see a repeal in the future but I think it'll stand as it is for a very long time.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Meece said:

Is this banned dog work more area defined. I've had Labrador's and sprinters because I shot walked up,  driven pheasant and pigeon with shotgun and rabbit and Fox  and target with rifle, because those dogs suit that sort of hunting.  There are one or two greyhounds and whispers in the area that I've seen but they are just pets. Round here I've ònly ever known one bloke ( pre ban )( whatever that means) that used a lurcher to hunt rabits. It all seemed a bit inefficient way to control rabbits. 

Seriously you egoistic twat,its not about control,thats so fecking offensive,its about the time ,the moment,the experience in the field,the hunt and chase,mostly the hunt,the numbers have feck all to do with the reason for hunting,the main reason the lurcherman,woman, hunts is for the opportunity to test our charges and put into practice the endless hours of education we put into an animal we have an affinity with,an affinity that can never be measured with a ruler a twat like you could ever measure.If i wanted numbers id set snares,or get a gun and become a feckwit like you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
9 minutes ago, morton said:

Seriously you egoistic twat,its not about control,thats so fecking offensive,its about the time ,the moment,the experience in the field,the hunt and chase,mostly the hunt,the numbers have feck all to do with the reason for hunting,the main reason the lurcherman,woman, hunts is for the opportunity to test our charges and put into practice the endless hours of education we put into an animal we have an affinity with,an affinity that can never be measured with a ruler a twat like you could ever measure.If i wanted numbers id set snares,or get a gun and become a feckwit like you.

You abuse me, so I  can abuse you, you thick low life scum c**t . Why dont you open the two brain cells that you might have and read what i wrote. there ain't any dog hunters round here so is it an area or tradition thing? Or are you too thick to create a realistic reply?

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Meece said:

You abuse me, so I  can abuse you, you thick low life scum c**t . Why dont you open the two brain cells that you might have and read what i wrote. there ain't any dog hunters round here so is it an area or tradition thing? Or are you too thick to create a realistic reply?

I give as well as id like to receive and respect any honest input,again owning a fecking lurcher is more about owning and enjoying the mutt at hand,or should be,than fecking numbers.Obviously visiting a site like this you may come under the misconception that numbers is a goal many of us seek,thats another negative misconception thats shooters like to portray,possibly in the same way folk believe shooters shoot and count later,as the majority of shooters would have to take their shoes and socks off to count ill take that with a pinch of salt that ill throw over the next pheasant i toss in a ditch,after the shoot.

• Like 1