On 17/02/2019 at 15:46, fireman said:

As a man who keeps dogs not guns i hope i'm posting in the right place,but had a vermin day yesterday on part of an estate i do the terrier work on,had a few mates over who do shoot and who've been taken the p*ss out of by the shoot they usualy beat on by being given a poor beaters day then refused a vermin day.Well i sorted that out for them and we had a cracking day with a couple short of 50 squirrels,a very mange ridden vixen about to drop a litter destined for a cruel life of scratching themselves to death,a 3 legged muntjac who had hooves like you see on donkey welfare video's and a few other odd and sods,a bit of roost shooting but with a misty still day that wasn't brilliant but a cracking day was had by all and i even shot a box and a half of cartridges for a squirrel and a crow myself :laugh:

IMG_20190216_185102475.jpg

On 17/02/2019 at 16:36, hily said:

good for you mate a real pal to your friends ?hope they stood you a pint or two

Well done that man and you held a gun also.  Beware of handling foxes with mange. Not only can dogs get mange, humans get mange also.  I knew a bloke that contracted some obscure disease called (guillain barre syndrome )  that nearly killed him and it affected his nervous system which nearly stopped him breathing and left him semi paralysed for several years. The doctors tests reckoned that he had contracted it from handling foxes and getting it into a cut on his hand.  Because of this I now carry disposable gloves in my pocket. It's a bad do that your mates didn't get a decent beaters day and vermin shoot. Perhaps next season that will have difficulty in getting good beaters. Just so that they can get in another paying day over giving the lads a day.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 months later...

• 2 months later...