Last outing yesterday for this season

Got a phone call from my mate asking me if would help one of his keeper mates out with some rabbits so we arranged to meet yesterday morning he run a nice shoot about 45 mins from me we started at some nice small paddocks behind a Farm house , 

keeper was with us with semi auto we netted up the holes we could and left a few in the middle of a holy hedge , I saw a rabbit brake cover about 100 yard up from we’re we was I suspect I run down the hedge with out any one seeing , next one bolted across the paddock and the keeper cleaned it up , we moved on to another set one hit the net , next small set we did at the end of the hedge under s tree ferret went in and come up I moved him to other side of the set and straight away it looked like he was up against something tail puffed up and he was going mad I thought a rat or stoat ,,, I pulled him out as he was only 12 inch down and he was in a bloody fenn trap thank god they was loads of leaves and twigs in with him , I thort that’s game over for him but all it’s done is taken skin off his jaw n neck he was very lucky, 

moved on to some more small sets but they was full of young got 2 more does but had to dig to them both , so ended up with 4 was a memorable last day out ! 

3285FA3F-ED34-412C-8E31-1BCB99EFB9B4.jpeg

32047EF8-6991-4913-8F2D-20BFB7B90C33.jpeg

• Like 1

That is a real bitch about the Fenn trap!

Glad you had an enjoyable last outing - I’m out today for the only outing of the year, same as most too many things on the list of things to do!

Global warming may be nice for sun on the back but it has messed with ferreting weather. Hopefully it will help with rabbit numbers though - still very low in the Suffolk area.

• Like 1

Bloody lucky there mate with that Fenn. Nice little write up mate.

Out today, hedge looked like it had 10 or 12 in it fresh as hell. Only 4 in it didn't seem right, even ran a ferret we nick name the sweeper through, only the 4. The hedges had been flailed this last week and I'm reckoning its moved them, had that before. Bit disappointing but we out there and sooner be out getting 4 than sat at home.

Cheers Arry

• Like 1

Gorgeous morning, looking really good................nets out and waiting...........

Pushed out young ones so small they legged it through the nets but no adults? I’ll profess to being an amateur but that surprised me no adults at home (or ferrets couldn’t find.....)

Anyway a cracking couple of hours out which may tempt me out for one more try a little later in the week.

18E216B8-14C0-4004-9FAD-58F7BBC50DF7.jpeg

• Like 1

That’s it for ferreting rabbits for me this season might do some rats with them on Alotments, my thoughts now turn back to gardening , my pigeons and keeping dogs fit for lamping , 

not been the best season no massive bags but still had a good Laff and got 2 new shoots to go at 

7 hours ago, garbs said:

Excuse my ignorance but do you guys not have big number of bunnies around your way?the Spots like prime

VHD - viral haemorrhagic disease believed to be the cause. Massive demise of rabbits over the last 6ish years to the extent that some area’s appear to have none at all! Still pockets around us but no longer the numbers that you used to hear of.

Sht I know there a pest but no animal deserves to die that way our shty government “correction” the greens party are and have implemented similar practices which have failed for years cause bugs bunny seems to be getting immune to what ever they throw at them but us hunters cop all the flack.go figure