strange sightings when out and about

36 minutes ago, ryaldinhio said:

I had a electrical lecturer at college who was an ex smack head and at the time a priest and lecturer. He told me some stories about when he was at the lowest point and he was adamant that ghosts spirits etc are around all the time, good and evil and that drugs and beer open up a part of your mind to allow them in that is normally otherwise closed.

That is the very short version but he did make sense.

I didn't think much of it until her father said he seen and heard the same type of stuff. The neighbours backed up the story but I'm happy enough to blame the cider. Crystal clear she was too and the hairs were standing on my neck. Maybe it was dodgy apples in the cider. Who knows?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve never seen anything that couldn’t be explained, certainly no ghosts or aliens. But I did have a very strange encounter about 8 years ago . I was on the shoot one afternoon not long after the poul

Socks and Diane abbot ? The fireballs sound like Chinese lanterns 

Once while on arctic warfare training I found an opaque globe in one of the tents and wondered what it was, I put it near the camp fire and it vanished but there was a funny smell. Turns out it was a

Posted Images

7 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

Weirdest thing I've seen when fishing was nature not supernatural.

Must be 15 years ago now, I was mid teens. Me and a mate were fishing on a small pond near me and there was one other bloke fishing. Middle of summer, baking hot  dead calm. Then from no where the trees started rustling more and more and a mini tornado came up on the pond sucking water up the spiral it headed towards my mate, then about turned and headed toward me coming right to the edge of the pond, i was desperately trying to hold down my gear that was being blown everywhere and ended up getting soaked then it turned again and headed to the other bloke and this time didn't stop. Went straight over top of him soaked him, he came off his box, tackle all over, rod went in pond, box went in pond then it just disappeared as quick as it started. All of a sudden trees stopped and it was a calm summers day again, really surreal.

Never experienced anything like that before or since.

Been in a small field in middle of a bad storm fishing on a little river. Storm was getting worse so decided to pack up and call it a day. When we were running across field with our gear a tree at the edge of the field was struck by lightening, no counting for the thunder! That was genuinly scary, thought my time was coming!

Similar to a dust devil in the deserts, just hot currents and convection taking place forming a water spout in your case

1 hour ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Similar to a dust devil in the deserts, just hot currents and convection taking place forming a water spout in your case

It must have started and finished in less than a minute but felt like ages at the time.

Really wierd 

Was fishing one day at a day ticket pond when heard a rabbit squeal next thing this bunny came running over the hill getting chased by a stoat the chase went on for about 5 minutes next thing the bunny got in the water next to the reeds with just its nose out the water mad it was atb longers01 

I got dropped off lamping one night in my late teens on a walk I had done loads of times anyway a few fields into my journey I got to a road where I had a choice to walk over the river bridge and cut through a old church yard or keep on a straight route up the side of the river and eventually come to a bridge and cross over there. Anyway I decided to cut through the church yard as I had done umpteen times before. I got so far through the church yard and the dog began to growl and snarl to which I i told him to shut up by this time he was stood still and wasn’t easing with his growling and snarling so I flicked the lamp and scanned the surrounding area and couldn’t see a thing except the dogs Hackels at which point my ass fell out and I started to run and didn’t stop until I got back to the house. I always felt safe with that dog and would go anywhere with him he was a lump of a dog too.

7 minutes ago, mackem said:

That's exactly what I thought of,lots of tales from that region...………………………

I have to say I've watched and enjoyed both! :thumbs:

The thread that @kannyput up was interesting and that was just up the road from me. I still have seen a definitive for or against on it either. Even more local to me is the site of the Mountain Meadow Massacre and while I hear the spooky stories I've never encountered anything while I've been out there.

Still makes for fascinating reading! :thumbs:

Edited by ChrisJones
Typo
  • Like 3

I’ve never seen anything that couldn’t be explained, certainly no ghosts or aliens. But I did have a very strange encounter about 8 years ago . I was on the shoot one afternoon not long after the poults had started getting about a bit . I noticed some disturbance and heard a woman calling , I was on my quad and saw a woman with two Labradors which were chasing some poults . I went over to tell her to put her dogs on a lead . She had wellies and an old Barbour wax jacket which was too big for her . She was young and blonde and beautiful. I pulled up and was ready to issue my usual speech about keeping dogs on leads , but her prettiness disarmed me and I said “do you mind putting them on a lead please “. She said “sorry , of course I will “ , at that moment the wax jacket opened to reveal that she was completely naked underneath. My jaw must have hit the floor. She burst out laughing, did the coat up and buggered off . I’ve never seen her before or since and believe me I’ve looked. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
6 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Last year I was in Gloucestershire on the edge of the Cotswolds and saw a gamekeeper, a poacher and a vegetarian driving round a shoot in a gator ???

Too bad you missed the blonde ? it was a pussy that was worth another look ???

Edited by shovel leaner
32 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I’ve never seen anything that couldn’t be explained, certainly no ghosts or aliens. But I did have a very strange encounter about 8 years ago . I was on the shoot one afternoon not long after the poults had started getting about a bit . I noticed some disturbance and heard a woman calling , I was on my quad and saw a woman with two Labradors which were chasing some poults . I went over to tell her to put her dogs on a lead . She had wellies and an old Barbour wax jacket which was too big for her . She was young and blonde and beautiful. I pulled up and was ready to issue my usual speech about keeping dogs on leads , but her prettiness disarmed me and I said “do you mind putting them on a lead please “. She said “sorry , of course I will “ , at that moment the wax jacket opened to reveal that she was completely naked underneath. My jaw must have hit the floor. She burst out laughing, did the coat up and buggered off . I’ve never seen her before or since and believe me I’ve looked. 

Then you woke up mate...……...