strange sightings when out and about

1 minute ago, stumfelter said:

Once while on arctic warfare training I found an opaque globe in one of the tents and wondered what it was, I put it near the camp fire and it vanished but there was a funny smell. Turns out it was a frozen fart.....

Was it bagged and did it have a best before date on it ?

• Haha 1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ve never seen anything that couldn’t be explained, certainly no ghosts or aliens. But I did have a very strange encounter about 8 years ago . I was on the shoot one afternoon not long after the poul

Socks and Diane abbot ? The fireballs sound like Chinese lanterns 

Once while on arctic warfare training I found an opaque globe in one of the tents and wondered what it was, I put it near the camp fire and it vanished but there was a funny smell. Turns out it was a

Posted Images

Some 40 years ago plus I was invited by my sister and her husband to come and say for Christmas and Boxing Day as I was still single and they were married with a little one and lived  in a tied cottage on a farm, my brother in law(all so my best mate) was the dairy man. Which he had got me the rights for shooting and ferreting. Any way bearing in mind that it was probably 40-45 years ago, Christmas Eve and its frosty the water feed to the trough at the top of his garden was frozen, to give some water to the stock in the field behind the house my mate was run a hose pipe from the kitchen sink up the garden to the trough. Suddenly gave me a shout its about 11.30 -12.00pm o'clock, there's somebody lamping in the quarry field. a steep hill behind the house. So I go out side with him to look, he said must be Dick (the farmer) with the landcover, what the feck would he be doing this time of night I said (job to get him out of the house in day light never mind midnight). With that it looked like a car on top of the hill, But then the two head lights carried on into the sky coming right towards us, we looked at each other and said feck all but I think are mouths we're open. At first it looked like two head lights from a car in the sky shinning down, then all of sudden they separated and there were two independent lights. Quiet night no wind no noise, they came right over us. To this day I've no idea what the feck it was, could not hear a thing not very high, could not make out any shape just two lights like spot lights.

Didn't know what to do so rang the coastguards, of course they burst out laughing it was Christmas Eve or Boxing Day after all thought it was a wind up. Any way said I wouldn't laugh to much its heading your way.

Still have no idea to this day, Helicopter would have heard before hand gliders and who would have been out at midnight.

Cheers Arry

Edited by Arry
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Meece said:

Sometime back in the late 80s at the end of a shooting day,  I was standing chatting to a friend in the yard when what appeared to be a fireball was in the sky. It was going quite slowly across the sky at an angle just above shoulder height. We both looked at it and tried to analyse what it could be. No noise,  not a plane, quite large but slow. Visually like a ball of straw on fire like would be out of a medieval catapult. I could actually see large flames out of the back of it. But not near us probably some miles away. There were planes in the sky and it wasn't anything like that. Piece of space junk? Possibly, but I've seen that stuff and they are fast moving. Never did know what it was. Strange one but we were still standing. Eventually it went behind some buildings and trees and we lost sight of if.  ... ????

Ps.  I've been out so much on my own on the land and woods at night around cemeteries  and I don't believe in ghosts or such. but I have been in buildings and felt unusual feelings. One particular place we were on a guided tour and this particular room felt horrible to the point that I  walked out. Just a plain stone room over a portcullis , in broad daylight.  Couldn't  explain that one either. 

Was out with the dogs 6.00am couple of weeks back.....about 100 yard up the lane from my gates and a fireball shot over my head going like the feckin wind, blazing tail and then burst into a load of pieces.....no sound and no one around to witness it....meteor or space junk but feckin cool to witness it.....made my day..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, bell said:

Was out with the dogs 6.00am couple of weeks back.....about 100 yard up the lane from my gates and a fireball shot over my head going like the feckin wind, blazing tail and then burst into a load of pieces.....no sound and no one around to witness it....meteor or space junk but feckin cool to witness it.....made my day..

One evening I was coming home from work I saw what must have been a chunk of space debris that was moving quickly across the sky. It lasted about five seconds like a sparkler. At one point the colour changed bright gold to bright green and then it sort of exploded then disappeared very quickly. But that was pretty obvious and explainable. Quite a sight.

Ps. It's good how sometimes things stick in the mind like that high pheasant or double from many years ago or things that can't be explained and no one else saw and they can't be proved, but so what, the world still turns and you know what you did or what happened.

Edited by Meece
  • Thanks 2

my dad told me a yarn about a time where he was out river fishing(rivers here are not like mainland rivers big pools are only about 20ft across max) with his brother and 2 brothers in law in the 70s, it was raining and they were all wearing oil skins, they were a couple miles off the road which itself was only a peat road, when they see this guy walking towards them across the moor, he walked to within about 10 feet of the other side of the river bank and stood there silently, he was wearing tweed and no water proofs with a big beard, he didn't say anything didn't seem to get wet or acknowledge them other than looking over. My dad's brother in law and my dad both ex army, told him to eff off if he was just gona stay there and stare, he wasn't there long when he walked off the way he came without saying a word.

Anyway fast forward a few years my dad was visiting his sister who by now had divorced her husband and introduced my dad to her new boyfriend who was identical to the guy they saw staring at them even down to the tweed and the beard

1 hour ago, worldruler said:

my dad told me a yarn about a time where he was out river fishing(rivers here are not like mainland rivers big pools are only about 20ft across max) with his brother and 2 brothers in law in the 70s, it was raining and they were all wearing oil skins, they were a couple miles off the road which itself was only a peat road, when they see this guy walking towards them across the moor, he walked to within about 10 feet of the other side of the river bank and stood there silently, he was wearing tweed and no water proofs with a big beard, he didn't say anything didn't seem to get wet or acknowledge them other than looking over. My dad's brother in law and my dad both ex army, told him to eff off if he was just gona stay there and stare, he wasn't there long when he walked off the way he came without saying a word.

Anyway fast forward a few years my dad was visiting his sister who by now had divorced her husband and introduced my dad to her new boyfriend who was identical to the guy they saw staring at them even down to the tweed and the beard

Maybe, just maybe, it was the same guy......did you ask him :icon_eek:

9 hours ago, bell said:

Maybe, just maybe, it was the same guy......did you ask him :icon_eek:

hi yes I did, he said that he did ask and that he had never been to the hebrides before, born and bred Edinburgh. He is still married to my aunty and confirmed the story too, so who knows.

Weirdest thing I've seen when fishing was nature not supernatural.

Must be 15 years ago now, I was mid teens. Me and a mate were fishing on a small pond near me and there was one other bloke fishing. Middle of summer, baking hot  dead calm. Then from no where the trees started rustling more and more and a mini tornado came up on the pond sucking water up the spiral it headed towards my mate, then about turned and headed toward me coming right to the edge of the pond, i was desperately trying to hold down my gear that was being blown everywhere and ended up getting soaked then it turned again and headed to the other bloke and this time didn't stop. Went straight over top of him soaked him, he came off his box, tackle all over, rod went in pond, box went in pond then it just disappeared as quick as it started. All of a sudden trees stopped and it was a calm summers day again, really surreal.

Never experienced anything like that before or since.

Been in a small field in middle of a bad storm fishing on a little river. Storm was getting worse so decided to pack up and call it a day. When we were running across field with our gear a tree at the edge of the field was struck by lightening, no counting for the thunder! That was genuinly scary, thought my time was coming!

• Haha 2

Seen a dead girl about 10 years old standing at the end of the bed when I stayed in my girlfriends house. I told her the next morning but asked her to not tell anybody but she went and asked her dad and he said the previous owners had lost a child and that he had heard footsteps running across the yard but nobody was there. I was after drinking 12 large bottles of cider earlier so I blamed that but  she was plain as day and I asked her to get out of the room and she only disappeared when I jumped up and turned on  the light. Wasn't a threatening presence but more peaceful. Them bottles of cider were tasty though so who knows if the mind is playing tricks.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, worldruler said:

Strange one that?

13 hours ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Few years ago lamping with my old man. Middle of nowhere seen what was like a flare/forework trail. Was like a red slow moving light dancing about . Made no sound. Wasnt fire coloured more flare red. Nobkdy around for miles amd was directly above us. 

So did you want to see that and just convinced yourself or did you really see it ?????

4 hours ago, jiggy said:

Seen a dead girl about 10 years old standing at the end of the bed when I stayed in my girlfriends house. I told her the next morning but asked her to not tell anybody but she went and asked her dad and he said the previous owners had lost a child and that he had heard footsteps running across the yard but nobody was there. I was after drinking 12 large bottles of cider earlier so I blamed that but  she was plain as day and I asked her to get out of the room and she only disappeared when I jumped up and turned on  the light. Wasn't a threatening presence but more peaceful. Them bottles of cider were tasty though so who knows if the mind is playing tricks.

I had a electrical lecturer at college who was an ex smack head and at the time a priest and lecturer. He told me some stories about when he was at the lowest point and he was adamant that ghosts spirits etc are around all the time, good and evil and that drugs and beer open up a part of your mind to allow them in that is normally otherwise closed.

That is the very short version but he did make sense.

• Like 2