Lurcher Litters

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just too add but the pure Wheaton sire used was an out and out dog killer but the dog pup I kept has no aggression at all but fires into game. I was very edgy when he matured because my woman has 3 bi

Similar to myself i think id be quite happy with a casual mooch and possibly something for the pot during the week,but wouldnt be the end of the world if the dog caught nothing...simplicity is the goa

Not one was the same out the litters I done all different hights,builds,coat but on the mums side because they were close line bred the person that bred the dam they bred uniformed you could guarantee

Posted Images

14 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

I’m a rabbiter gnash, ferret am lamp, guy on here called jigsaw is hopefully breeding g his greyhound bitch to a kelpie.  Over years Iv had a few types, collie crosses, whippets, bullx an coursing dog am line bred coursing dogs x gen bred bullx an I found most types can do most jobs with a lil bit skill, lot a luck an loads a time out doing what ye intend on doing then most dogs will train emselfs? so point I getting at us if the kelpie litter don’t come off then I could end up with anything as it’s a nice steady healthy pup out grafter in after an the flavour ain’t that important these days, but I not as serious as some folk?

Similar to myself i think id be quite happy with a casual mooch and possibly something for the pot during the week,but wouldnt be the end of the world if the dog caught nothing...simplicity is the goal now and the human zest for being happy in your own company with a dog by your side....watching,finding,chasing,learning.....watching a dog use all its senses scanning the horizon,just getting lost in the moment and the fulfilment of maybe getting something edible with no set plan or quarry as such.....just discovering the countryside together along with a bit of good natured foraging appeals to me much more these days than any high octane pursuits.....maybe getting old isnt so scarey after all ?

• Like 9
4 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

Similar to myself i think id be quite happy with a casual mooch and possibly something for the pot during the week,but wouldnt be the end of the world if the dog caught nothing...simplicity is the goal now and the human zest for being happy in your own company with a dog by your side....watching,finding,chasing,learning.....watching a dog use all its senses scanning the horizon,just getting lost in the moment and the fulfilment of maybe getting something edible with no set plan or quarry as such.....just discovering the countryside together along with a bit of good natured foraging appeals to me much more these days than any high octane pursuits.....maybe getting old isnt so scarey after all ?

You kept lurchers before ? Done much hunting ? 

4 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

You kept lurchers before ? Done much hunting ? 

No ive never kept Lurchers and the only hunting ive done was with other peoples dogs,tagging along kind of thing.

3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

That’s it pal, I had a fair few seasons travelling the country running the dogs hard, lamping most nights an work the next morning ? had some decent bags an great times ? but now I’m a lot busier with boxing an gymnastics with the kids an work so I’ll happily plod along these days, enjoying meself an appreciate the outdoors ??

what flavour you thinking about gnash? They all have there good an not so good points ?

Well its tricky as its going to be an indoor pet dog as well and ive never kept a dog indoors in my life.....in all honesty i never thought id keep a dog again but recently found something out thats thrown new light on it and so over the next year or so im hoping to get myself a pal type dog either a Retriever/Pointer type or a Lurcher of some description i like the idea of a bull/whippet/grey cross but thats maybe more dog than meets my needs,like i say casually mincing about the countryside is my only aim im not looking to break any records ?

Thats right your the chap that posted pictures of your lad fighting the other week.....well if he has success you might as well forget dogs you,ll have enough on your plate driving him round the country for tournaments ?

9 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

9 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

No ive never kept Lurchers and the only hunting ive done was with other peoples dogs,tagging along kind of thing.

Well its tricky as its going to be an indoor pet dog as well and ive never kept a dog indoors in my life.....in all honesty i never thought id keep a dog again but recently found something out thats thrown new light on it and so over the next year or so im hoping to get myself a pal type dog either a Retriever/Pointer type or a Lurcher of some description i like the idea of a bull/whippet/grey cross but thats maybe more dog than meets my needs,like i say casually mincing about the countryside is my only aim im not looking to break any records ?

Thats right your the chap that posted pictures of your lad fighting the other week.....well if he has success you might as well forget dogs you,ll have enough on your plate driving him round the country for tournaments ?

Great attitude gnash, I'd say you'll do better than alot of people ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

Fair play mate enjoy.  defo go for the lurcher have loads fun with little rabbiting type.!! 

• Like 2
On 19/02/2019 at 21:33, W. Katchum said:

I’m a rabbiter gnash, ferret am lamp, guy on here called jigsaw is hopefully breeding g his greyhound bitch to a kelpie.  Over years Iv had a few types, collie crosses, whippets, bullx an coursing dog am line bred coursing dogs x gen bred bullx an I found most types can do most jobs with a lil bit skill, lot a luck an loads a time out doing what ye intend on doing then most dogs will train emselfs? so point I getting at us if the kelpie litter don’t come off then I could end up with anything as it’s a nice steady healthy pup out grafter in after an the flavour ain’t that important these days, but I not as serious as some folk?

Sure you don’t want an adolescent? ?

20 hours ago, socks said:

So gnash when are you going to collect this dog you asked me to pick up for you ... to be fair even the missus is getting a little bit embarrassed now .... 

D9E9CD40-0E4E-4F76-B109-A8D532213560.jpeg

20 hours ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Too late mate just seen him walking this 

20190220_234158.jpg

Nobody takes me serious when i talk about getting a dog ?

• Haha 2