Knockerbox v mrk3 m

Seeing as how the knocker box ceased being produced some years ago to be surpassed by the dreadful orange thing with the huge collars it seems that you have little choice in the matter. Also, there are not many technicians coming forward who are prepared to carry out repairs on the lovely grey box. Actually, I imagine there are 1000's of these MK 1's in existence, in drawers, in sheds in old rabbiting coats etc. All you have to do is find one. Ah, if only the lovely gentleman, Jim Chick, was still with us then we would have a definitive answer for you. One other thing springs to mind!!! Have you any rabbits to go at next season as there are many areas where a rabbit stew is a thing of the past. Jok.

• Like 2

I changed to the mk3 some years ago and would never go back.

Yes it takes a while to get used to the functions on the mk3 but it is a fantastic finder.

The search facility is an improvement on the mk1 making it quicker to locate the ferret.

The Mk3 does not suffer from interference as you used to get with the mk1 around wire fences.

Personally I find the after sales service provided by Deben excellent.

• Like 1

Budgie 123. I agree if you are only using one knocker box. However, using 3 boxes , one at each end of the bury, all you have to do is work the 3rd box in the middle. Simples. One or two hiccups on the side of busy roadways but other than that fairly foolproof. Jok.

The MK3 does seem to use batteries quicker than the mk1.

I use rechargeable  9v batteries as I seemed to go through batteries really quickly.

In respect to your comment jok that's a lot of locaters to cover the area a mk3 would do with 1 but each to there own.

I have spoken to numerous people who hate the mk3 and just don't rate them and have given them away.