micky

THE LUNATIC

2 minutes ago, Our team said:

Only. One. Rabbit. Long. Netting. Is a good night.     Its all about. Wits. Ain't it. 

He is only 12 mate never even had the ferrets out their box he was captivated by the birds and the small bitch lifted the rabbit 🖒

• Like 1

micky touched on fighting with other netters in his post. a couple of Derbyshire towns well known for netting years ago. lots of tales were they would get on set & find someone else's nets already set they would then cut both lines & mesh. fxck knows if they could see state of things today what they would make of rabbit population & the fxxking nanny state. 

I think the only Thatcher you seen or knew  worked on a roof buddy  as micky said all the best places were guarded and fisty cuffs weren't uncommon 

Remember listening to tales of pegging on the Wentworth Estate by the late Bush Mangam and some of the run ins they had and old Bush was no stranger to violence remember him getting 18 months jail at the age of 72 for poaching birds and actual bodily harm. I had some shifts out with a team of peggers around me in the 80s 4 drops we did on one windy night think we ended up with about 70 odd rabbits it was hard graft I know that and even though they were mates they used to moan like feck about lamping with lurchers witch was beginning to get popular around s.yorks in the late 70s early 80s.

• Like 1

I’ve had a good few nights out wi lamp on wentworth.. never seen rabbits like it.

Just now, Mr Wilkes said:

I’ve had a good few nights out wi lamp on wentworth.. never seen rabbits like it.

Used to be a dangerous place to lamp years ago with out permission.lol

12 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

I was ok .. I was out wi Graham keys.

I always thought you a respectable chap. 

is this the place that was built on the fortune of coal and owner shagging Kennedy sister? 

5 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

The coal bit is right but not sure about the other.

read something recently in papers quite a bit of scandal back then. owner & kennedys sister died in plane crash 

7 hours ago, fred90 said:

read something recently in papers quite a bit of scandal back then. owner & kennedys sister died in plane crash 

The Miners union bought it and put a slag heap ten feet from the front door , There is a book BLACK DIAMONDS  fantastic read.

1 hour ago, micky said:

The Miners union bought it and put a slag heap ten feet from the front door , There is a book BLACK DIAMONDS  fantastic read.

Manny Shinwell the labour minister for power authorised open cast mining after the war and turned the estate into a big slag heap for a wile just out of spite and vindictiveness for the landed gentry the miners union never bought Wentworth Woodhouse which now belongs to a trust after having a few private owners.

• Like 1