THE LUNATIC

micky

I WOULD LIKE TO PUT UP A POST ON BAG NUMBERS  AND  ODD EVENTS  THAT OCCURED  WHILE OUT NETTING , I HAVE HEARD AND READ  A FEW OVER THERE YEARS AND I AM SURE A FEW MORE OF YOU HAVE . SO HOW CAN I POST WITHOUT THE LUNATIC RUINING IT .

• Like 1

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dropped my grandson off at a little bit that we have permission on the borders a small shooting estate with 2 25yds preset nets a dozen purse nets and 2 ferrets and a little lurcher bitch, around 2pm

fxck it I will start you off. the old chap who showed me how to peg many years ago. (traditional) had 63 on one drop. this was using 3 nets the preferred length around here has always been 70 yards. h

Back in  1950 there was a crew of blokes at it in the Evington area of Leicestershire and over the week they had made some good bags ,one of them was Oliver B and I had known him most of my life a nic

Posted Images

fxck it I will start you off. the old chap who showed me how to peg many years ago. (traditional) had 63 on one drop. this was using 3 nets the preferred length around here has always been 70 yards. he said guys older than him had far bigger bags this was 1975.he also said how they adapted hard ground pegs in 1976.he gave me a set of these pegs & yes they still catch rabbits today 43 years later. ?

• Like 6
1 hour ago, fred90 said:

fxck it I will start you off. the old chap who showed me how to peg many years ago. (traditional) had 63 on one drop. this was using 3 nets the preferred length around here has always been 70 yards. he said guys older than him had far bigger bags this was 1975.he also said how they adapted hard ground pegs in 1976.he gave me a set of these pegs & yes they still catch rabbits today 43 years later. ?

Spot on mate always good to hear of yesteryear rabbiting tales, we shouldn't let the lunatic grind us down easier just to ignore unless he starts to be constructive ?

• Like 1

I grew up with a crew of old Peggers and the stories the told were unreal the amount that they caught ,fighting with Gamekeepers , the local Coppers and other Netters my Grandad once caught some Poachers with a stack of Rabbits and the offered him fair shares or a good hiding, he took the share .All this came to an abrupt end in 56 but I still remember those Men  Big silent John, Brassy Brookes  and Tommy Carlo who was a bad un, one night they took my old mate George out and after they beat the field through George reached the end Pin and there was a Deer caught by its head  George set it free and when Tommy came up George told him what he had done , Tommy was not to pleased and said to George  :if you get another do this : then picked a stone up and beat and kicked George all around the Field . 

• Like 4
7 minutes ago, micky said:

there was some right old characters then. penalties were much more severe & the rewards meant more. I loved listening to the old boys. I learned how to peg in the 80's but obviously the old uns could go back to 20s & 30s.

21 minutes ago, Our team said:

You can. Have. Your. Posts. I won't get involved.  All I wanted was some light hearted. Fun. 

Trust. Me I won't post 

It's all right a bit of light hearted fun but your becoming a pain in the prick with some of the pish that you type

A few years ago I got a invite to net a 50yrd drop but was unable to go ? so the lad took a complete novis ( more as company than owt) . After he run/pegged the net they walked in the field and killed off 33 rabbits... I was fukin pissed off I missed that night. The novis thought it was fekin brilliant. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
6 minutes ago, Mr Wilkes said:

I tried as a teenager to get in with the local netters but they all netted in pairs and wouldn’t teach a young un. They all boasted of big numbers but I got the impression it was a dick measuring contest tbh.

probably best you didn't join 

• Like 1

Dropped my grandson off at a little bit that we have permission on the borders a small shooting estate with 2 25yds preset nets a dozen purse nets and 2 ferrets and a little lurcher bitch, around 2pm I received a txt from him asking to be picked up, on arrival to pick him up and asking what he'd caught I was told 8 pheasant and 1 rabbit, he'd seen the birds feeding and set the 2 nets across 2 rides and had preceded to walk the birds into the net along with the aid of the little bitch

• Like 8
2 minutes ago, brambles said:

Dropped my grandson off at a little bit that we have permission on the borders a small shooting estate with 2 25yds preset nets a dozen purse nets and 2 ferrets and a little lurcher bitch, around 2pm I received a txt from him asking to be picked up, on arrival to pick him up and asking what he'd caught I was told 8 pheasant and 1 rabbit, he'd seen the birds feeding and set the 2 nets across 2 rides and had preceded to walk the birds into the net along with the aid of the little bitch

he'll go far that lad?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Our team said:

Only. One. Rabbit. Long. Netting. Is a good night.     Its all about. Wits. Ain't it. 

He is only 12 mate never even had the ferrets out their box he was captivated by the birds and the small bitch lifted the rabbit ?

• Like 1