Whippet x greyhound

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

must admit ive been concidering one as my next dog......the dog in my avatar was whipp/grey x deer/grey.....would love something similar.... I just think there exciting dogs....and will catch a f

This young bitch is mostly greyhound with a drop of deer/bull in her backgroun be coming 6 month old end of month,

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Daisy the destroyer said:

Thanks for your advice everyone,I’ve asked a lot of people I know and no one seems to have one,does anyone know of any whippet x grey bitches for sale or breeders that breed them?

Get yourself along to a track mate have a word with a few of the racing set

2 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

@Trev70 what's the grew like on smaller fields picking up speed and stopping? I like the x but could they be to fast for there own good on smaller land? 

They got have plenty running so they learn the ways of the prey they running the best grew I have ever seen was surprising from non ped stock with great history of ped blood in its pedigree also.in a fact whippet grey over a few generation bred  it's a great xs back then and still would be now,fa the modern type ferriters lamper of Conies etc,this his a f1 whippet grey bitch old bitch now but wax very fiery game and liked teeth hunt cover like a pure and pissed all over the f1deerhound xses thee had same time not in the same league has the the working whippet xs grey f1atb billBill

image.jpeg

• Like 8
16 minutes ago, billhardy said:

They got have plenty running so they learn the ways of the prey they running the best grew I have ever seen was surprising from non ped stock with great history of ped blood in its pedigree also.in a fact whippet grey over a few generation bred  it's a great xs back then and still would be now,fa the modern type ferriters lamper of Conies etc,this his a f1 whippet grey bitch old bitch now but wax very fiery game and liked teeth hunt cover like a pure and pissed all over the f1deerhound xses thee had same time not in the same league has the the working whippet xs grey f1atb billBill

image.jpeg

Could they over shoot alot on smaller ground? That's a lovely looking bitch ??

25 minutes ago, Saltmoon said:

Could they over shoot alot on smaller ground? That's a lovely looking bitch ??

I suppose they can all over shoot and often do ,but like I say learning there trade behind stuff gets the best from them bolting Conies run from a ta b when ferriters they run ta the next warren or cover etc they don't real put much bends in em in the daytime lamping that's different ,but given a few yas a straight and they nail  stuff.its what one would say over kill in comparission to some xes on Conies  it's easy sorts fa a whippet grey and the xs comes pretty much has expected they take ta coney bashing like a fish ta water just get better with more stuff put in front of them  these ped working whips lots got to heavy and adage rated  no acceleration on fast land coneys to slow off the mark.ok on long slower ground ,I learned this twenty five year ago  drop of greyhound and yas back on track .atb bill

I see it like this one can.not         compare these f1 ped whippet greys fa sheer blistering speed  to the non ped whippets these are in a different class fa sheer speed .but these were the sorts I have ran and worked with many got broke but those that did not were really good field dogs.the ped whippets I worked and ran a good handful it's like comparing a collie grey to a deerhound grey totally different .its his what it his and that little Andy pandy would I have no doubt produce some little crackers with fifty sixty pound greyhound ,fa field work I don't know how many of these I seen work loads of em they were the best of coney killers in the tightest of spots at twenty eihght pound whippet grey bitch flies and light enough ta not knock those toes about ,one needs ta remember these little whips are incredibly quick and some very fast with it so the quicker they get can have a bearing if there feet etc are going to hold up on hard ground  da me a lighter working whippet ped type with a small compact grey would be more suitable da regular work.atb bill

21 minutes ago, Bearfoot said:

Hybryid vigour seen it many times something you can’t recrate like trev wee  whippet bitch some dogs just can’t recrate simple ✊?✌️

I see it like this luck has a bearing sometimes these ped whippets are fixed fa type temp speed etc ,there's not a lot in all a them barring weight and size  ,and this his where the bearing of the out come usually hold the key plus sometimes effort put in etc etc has a say I had five ped only one worthy of what I believed a whippet ta be ,a little sprinting machine .with the peds the majority ain't got acceleration ta catch coneys  in twenty five yard dash or less they have ta catch majority over the hole ends much in the same manner has a lurcher.the coursing stuff rely on a lengthy course ta put a half decent show on long ears ,the peds need that initiall first generation xs with a greyhound fa a good ta decent field jukel that's my take on it from running them growing up with them etc etc,atb bill

• Like 1

Few good dogs breed out them the best dogs I’ve seen personally were all bastardized  x grey whippetxgrey coursing types as you say luck my mate had a big fawn 27inch rough lurcher that pished  all over the none peds  at shows racing  he was one if not the fastest dogs I’ve seen we went to race a few lads he could have gave them 100yard start he killed hares at over 2 3  hundred yards  no saluki in him yes he be faked after it he was mike Douglas bitch to big greyhound lad that breed him was a trainer I ain’t seen anything that blow wind in his arse ?in those days he was a weapon I ran him for a few seasons just a out out daytime dog to fast for lamp ? wish I’d owned him straw I’ve plenty pics of him SAM 

Edited by Bearfoot
2 hours ago, billhardy said:

I suppose they can all over shoot and often do ,but like I say learning there trade behind stuff gets the best from them bolting Conies run from a ta b when ferriters they run ta the next warren or cover etc they don't real put much bends in em in the daytime lamping that's different ,but given a few yas a straight and they nail  stuff.its what one would say over kill in comparission to some xes on Conies  it's easy sorts fa a whippet grey and the xs comes pretty much has expected they take ta coney bashing like a fish ta water just get better with more stuff put in front of them  these ped working whips lots got to heavy and adage rated  no acceleration on fast land coneys to slow off the mark.ok on long slower ground ,I learned this twenty five year ago  drop of greyhound and yas back on track .atb bill

What the f**k are you on about bill, too slow off the mark, don't put much bends in em daytime?! You must've seen some shit whippet/greys. 

And ffs don't tell me that 'thee've' seen some mustard jukels bred off some of these whip/greys, or whatever. The more you write, the more I'm convinced you're FULL OF SHITE!!. 

ALOT of 1st cross whippet/greyhounds are some of the most useful running dog types you can get. 

Get back to your world beating alsation/greys ffs

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 2