Whippet x greyhound

I was just wondering what’s everyone’s opinions on whippet x greyhounds for rabbits and does anyone know of a breeder or anyone who has one for sale as I would like to buy one as I have a lot of permission for lamping and ferreting local so one from good working stock would be preferable and preferably a bitch,any info would be much appreciated, I am in south east kent.

• Like 1

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

must admit ive been concidering one as my next dog......the dog in my avatar was whipp/grey x deer/grey.....would love something similar.... I just think there exciting dogs....and will catch a f

This young bitch is mostly greyhound with a drop of deer/bull in her backgroun be coming 6 month old end of month,

Posted Images

I dont know much about Lurchers im at the basic learning stage so dont take my word on it....but im led to believe a grey/whippet is like a 1000 bhp sports car with Vauxhall Zafira running gear.....in a straight line fantastic just dont try to twist,turn or stop.

• Haha 1

must admit ive been concidering one as my next dog......the dog in my avatar was whipp/grey x deer/grey.....would love something similar....

I just think there exciting dogs....and will catch a few hares and small deer as well....not that I would do the last two ....

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

The whippet greys was alls that were ran many yrs ago coneys long ears and small ear deer racing Saturday's and Wednesday nights hunting mostly the rest  a first xs whippet grey will catch coneys and much of all smaller ground game I seen lots and not seen a bad un remember a ped whippet male ta a grey ,ain't like a non ped whippet xs greyhound ,they usually more reserved and steadier not has fast either and more often than not reach maturity with out      bad injuries my farther and bro had many that Neva got past early sapling age ,lots of injuries cruciates snapping etc they were that fast and has welps often broke themselves ,those that did grow out fine well there was some phenomenal runners amongst them and those that were given early introduction on live game soon learned how they ran coneys and long ears , the only downfall was some found the wire all to easily they like a pit xs  with speed ta burn .atb bill

• Like 1
4 hours ago, TOMO said:

must admit ive been concidering one as my next dog......the dog in my avatar was whipp/grey x deer/grey.....would love something similar....

I just think there exciting dogs....and will catch a few hares and small deer as well....not that I would do the last two ....

Tomo almost sure  ds breeds a the odd litter ped whippet male grey brood its a xs I feel that will once again become popular with the ever new ferriters coming around ,they wants jukel with early pace that's exciting ta whatch and that has that whippet ess about them whippet greys great little hounds hard ta beat hard ta stop easy ta keep.atb bill

• Like 1

Many years ago bill j low brought a big whippeyxgrey dont no about percentages from Barry the isle of Barry big bitch about 27 inch it was ran way a little dog called spider now spider was only 19.inch bedxwhippet type my mate breed it now they were both ran together spider killed every single hare it ran way the big bitch  same as my Lucy no big dog had a chance when ran together it poached every single thing of the big dogs after all that's what the games about killing the Barry bi6ch was lined to a pure whippet pups levelled out 24 25 they killed thousands rabbits in fact the were done buy 5 cracking dogs very exciting ?not a patch on the bald b*****d i owned sadly she waa killed buy my lurcher bitch running a hare broke her back will.i get another will I fck ? great memorys though 

Edited by Bearfoot
  • Confused 1