Worst mole trap ever, for me ! (Putange)

3 hours ago, LuckOrJudgement said:

Aye, you're probably right, but I would still maintain that a muddy old putangue placed down on the grass in poor light quickly disappears from sight in a way a Talpex or Duffus never would.

I've got a little tool I use made out of a cheap pressed metal spanner that I purloined from an old skilsaw which I use to probe the mole run to make judgements about width and direction. It has a curved end like a little drag scraper which is useful for removing stones and excess spoil. It's very valuable to me and so I've attached a lanyard with a bright pink poker chip to make it easier to spot. The amount of time I've spent searching for that must run into hours...

Talking about mice and voles, the putangues catch a few of them too!

At least you haven't lost the plot like our friend on here has. Can't see him ever finding that ?

• Like 1

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just popped in to settle a few points. The OP, Mr. McWhinney has made a right tool of himself sending threatening emails to the ebay seller after he unsuccessfully tried to blag the name of the manufa

Mole-catching is a testosterone-fuelled and very serious business. You have to be tough to tackle a mole(a big male can reach seven inches and tear a worm apart in seconds!),and defend your methods,tr

? earth thrower. I know you'll be reading! ?

Posted Images

18 hours ago, earth-thrower said:

Oh im taking a back seat alright, dont you worry. But i had to come back, cause your not getting away with this, here. & this whole "jealousy" part, well your totally wrong there, & im afraid you just dont get it,...... It seems to me YOUR, looking for the "attention" by trying to tell & show all you know, & to the extent of making films  ?,....& why would i want too "help others" automatically ? ,.cause im not looking for any 'pat on the back' or to "'receive recognition for it" for doing so,  ARE YOU ? ,....& i will think youll find that generally alot who are fairly experienced, etc, rarely want to  reveal all they know,.....& theres reasons for that. Mole catchings  tended to be a closely guarded thing , as regards revealing the methods (well previously, at least) .....but youve got certain ones like yourself repeatedly coming out nowadays, who want to shout about all they know ?,......& in your case showing everybody and anybody, a potentially easier trap to work with, etc,........its not necessarily a good thing , as it just encourages more and more folk to try & get into it , thinking its an easy earner, etc !,.......i mean hasnt there now been enough exposure to the game  ?,.......& arent there enough (so called ) mole catchers already ?,..........& your talking about "self-acclaim" ?,......i think you better examine youself here,....lol,.....& ive no problem answering straight questions, or admitting who ive "emailed", so get f***ing real , here !,.............Now i may be completely wrong here , & if so i will ADMIT it,..lol,........but i heard a rumour (ages ago on here now) that you are EX - PLOD ! , (tells me alot, here  !  lol).....( but have retired to France) ,.....is that correct or not ? ,........cause if so , it doesnt surprise me one bit,.....cause of the sheer arrogance you display. Its gonna take a better man than you, to try and put me down here,....ok ?,.........you were also shown the ropes by an old friend/ aquaintance , initially & given an introduction (with the British traps),......but granted, you certainly know your stuff regarding this French trap, now,......but YOU try & teach youself from the start, making all kinds of mistakes, like i did ,.......to where i am now, being content with my capture rate, etc,........& then maybe i will listen to you !  ( i had a go before when you were on here,.....cause you couldnt shut up !,.......& you challenged me that i couldnt help somebody,.......then i proceeded to give the guy my complete experience and tips, with the scissor trap !,....only cause you called me out, right enough ! lol),....please let me know if you want me to search, for the post ?

I think that this post and the other five or six posted around the same time perfectly example my comments about you.

The Putanges videos do not show how to locate active tunnels nor do they show any of the trade secrets that you prefer to keep secret. You would have to know all that in order to use the traps successfully. The first video was purely designed to assist those professional mole trappers who had ordered putanges and had not yet used them. I could have wrote a few tips on paper, but the video is better and has been acknowledged by many on here as being useful. In fact the only person to slag it off is you funnily enough.  The subsequent videos were as a result of the same questions being asked on here and in emails sent to me. I have been fortunate to be able to help other people and have been grateful for the help of other people. I think that you need to look up what a public forum is all about. It isn't a secret society.

I won't ask you to search through your 1,414 posts to find the one that actually helped somebody. As I said before; unless you can show some form of facts to support your opinions they will remain just that; opinions that I am entitled to disagree with.

I realise that you won't choose to leave this forum voluntarily. All this talk of leaving is just attention seeking hoping that someone would be daft enough to plead with you to stay. You are still busy trying to fight battles that you lost years ago. But this will be my last reply to you. Nothing more to say.

• Like 2

Putangs are the muts nuts once you master them, certainly not a trap you can pull out of the box and use without issue though. Once they've got a little pitting through either use or burying them for a week or so they're by far the best trap I've used.

20190223_121451.jpg

20190228_102906.jpg

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, bunnyboiler said:

Take my hat of to nicepix if it wasn’t for him and his putangs and the video’s he uploaded  I wouldn’t have the 1000 acres of land to run my dogs on once again cheers mate ? 

Thanks, but it wasn't me who initially publicised putanges. I'm not sure, but it might have been Socks who had been using them for some time.

I'm glad that it appears a lot of mole trappers have been having continued success with them. :thumbs:

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

Thanks, but it wasn't me who initially publicised putanges. I'm not sure, but it might have been Socks who had been using them for some time.

I'm glad that it appears a lot of mole trappers have been having continued success with them. :thumbs:

My mistake I thought you was the fella who put the videos up and sold some putangs on here a while ago I’m sure his name was Clive ?