Worst mole trap ever, for me ! (Putange)

On 16/02/2019 at 20:46, earth-thrower said:

& as darkness falls, we come to lift the last two of the days , trapline,.........& once again , 'Torquemada' here's the results in those callous traps of mine ! ,.....I hope your appreciating all this photography, here ?  Iol   ( & your point discredited now,...) so over & done. 

IMG_20190216_173501.jpg

Where did you buy the talpa barrel that the guild endorsed from?

I know you said you weren’t impressed with it

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just popped in to settle a few points. The OP, Mr. McWhinney has made a right tool of himself sending threatening emails to the ebay seller after he unsuccessfully tried to blag the name of the manufa

Mole-catching is a testosterone-fuelled and very serious business. You have to be tough to tackle a mole(a big male can reach seven inches and tear a worm apart in seconds!),and defend your methods,tr

? earth thrower. I know you'll be reading! ?

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, tilimangro said:

Where did you buy the talpa barrel that the guild endorsed from?

I know you said you weren’t impressed with it

Why do you ask ? ? (& my seller rebuts that his Putanges are fake ! ,.....& Mr Kenyon, seemingly finds the stainless even better than the standard ones. Apparently, alot of folk have learned from him , off You Tube, etc , (& on THL !)......& my sellers feedback from customers, was almost 100% satisfied, .....ive observed ?),.......but maybe you should be the new 'go too ' guy for tuition & advice, etc , regarding the Putange ?  lol.  (who knows ? ?)

Edited by earth-thrower
Just now, earth-thrower said:

Why do you ask ? ? (& my seller rebuts that his Putanges are fake ! ,.....& Mr Kenyon, seemingly finds the stainless even better than the originals. Apparently, alot of folk have learned from him , off You Tube, etc ,......& my sellers feedback from customers, was almost 100% satisfied, .....ive observed ?),.......but maybe you should be the new 'go too ' guy for tuition & advice, etc , regarding the Putange ?  lol

I’d like to know where to buy them

? 

As I’ve said to you before there’s only one place in the uk to buy genuine putange 

I’m not like these guild types mate

i don’t believe I know everything

and I’m happy enough doing what I’m doing 

where did you buy them from

• Like 1
1 minute ago, tilimangro said:

I’d like to know where to buy them

? 

As I’ve said to you before there’s only one place in the uk to buy genuine putange 

I’m not like these guild types mate

i don’t believe I know everything

and I’m happy enough doing what I’m doing 

where did you buy them from

I asked for a free sample trap, & was kindly obliged,.......& that's correct, i wasn't keen on it, therefore didn't place an order.  (oh wait a minute,......you don't think that's them in my photos there , do you ? lol)

Just now, earth-thrower said:

I asked for a free sample trap, & was kindly obliged,.......& that's correct, i wasn't keen on it, therefore didn't place an order.  (oh wait a minute,......you don't think that's them in my photos there , do you ? lol)

No I didn’t think that

thanks for being helpful

20 minutes ago, earth-thrower said:

talpaproducts.co.uk,.......i reckon.

Just noticed Jeff's new book, on there, ......contains alot of detailed content of the ways of working, of the old mole catchers , of yesteryear, including the evolution of the old traps, etc,........(right up my street, that sort of stuff !) ,......i really enjoyed those chapters,....

Edited by earth-thrower
On 16/02/2019 at 11:08, tilimangro said:

What you have there are not genuine putange

if you want genuine putange there is only one person in the country that sells them

https://www.laboratoires-roman.com/pieges-taupes/106-20-pieges-putange.html

You could buy a smaller amount to try them but not expensive if there the correct thing

Caught too many by the belly ( and yes I did tweak the tunnels before anyone has a go !) the last straw came when I walked past a fired trap . I went to my furthest point and picked traps up on my way back.. 20 mins before I got back to that fired trap and when I lifted it the mole was still alive and caught round the belly. I control pests but try to do it humanly IMO the tunnel trap isn’t humane.

• Like 1