Full Springer or Cocker

howdeeposxxt

I’ve a full cocker that hunts fox scent like he does pheasant sent and I dare say pre ban they would get stuck in if need be, cockers are very versatile dogs you could bush,go beating or picking up with it but if it’s strictly bushing for bigger stuff then I would go for a cross.also if you get a spaniel from top working lines they hunt like f**k and if not trained it could end up three fields away while out bushing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did get a beagle X spaniel puppies here a few months back but he unfortunately got poisoned and I couldn't save him. My only fear for not going for the same cross is with the beagle in the mix would it also travel a bit far ahead. I'm looking for something to stay relatively close I'll will getting 2. Just curious to opinions what would suit my type a bushing small coverts and double ditches that would be hard to get into 

I would get one and train it then buy another two pups are not easy ,There’s a terrier x spaniel for sale in bushing section have a look at the vids to see if that style of hunting would suit you as it’s very spaniel like the way it hunts.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Str said:

I would get one and train it then buy another two pups are not easy ,There’s a terrier x spaniel for sale in bushing section have a look at the vids to see if that style of hunting would suit you as it’s very spaniel like the way it hunts.

I did a fair bit a bushing for fox when starting out  enjoyed it alot but it's a while now it was enjoyable but we had a mix of everything from some going to far away to some teagles going to ground. I suppose it is the spaniel type style hunting I was on about and just wanting to know had anyone hunted the full bred spaniel and how would they be rated Cocker or Springer on fox alone working as a small outfit as to a modest amount of bushing dogs.

3 hours ago, Str said:

How are they on recall? Do they get there heads down and go or are they obedient?.

The 2 i have had they been very good listeners mate but once they on they on thats the name of game like but I can walk both off lead at heel around the streets etc but like i said I've only had 2 but both great workers,listeners & the x has made a impact on me ?Atb cbx 

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

Ended up with a beagle X cocker and a 3/4springer 1/4beagle . It's been a while since I bushed and will be a while before these start but all in good time. They got a real bad sickness shortly after I got them some type of virus. It took aweek stay at the vets thank god their over it now and eating again. 

IMG_20190422_152352.jpg

IMG_20190422_152348.jpg

• Like 4
40 minutes ago, howdeeposxxt said:

Ended up with a beagle X cocker and a 3/4springer 1/4beagle . It's been a while since I bushed and will be a while before these start but all in good time. They got a real bad sickness shortly after I got them some type of virus. It took aweek stay at the vets thank god their over it now and eating again. 

IMG_20190422_152352.jpg

IMG_20190422_152348.jpg

hi mate do you know where there are anymore of them types a friend who flushes to the lurcher is after something of similar breeding