need another dog

well I got a flyer today so went home filled me flask and grabbed the semi..

didn't fancy sitting about watching crap on tv so headed to a nearby perm with a nice little copse, its overgrown as f and a nightmare to get on anything but

thats why I like it there!

when I got there I poured a coffee and had a look at me phone and instantly missed a perfect chance:(

the first down was an easy retrieve but the second was a nightmare, I gave up after about 15 mins of looking and put it down to not being dead although it dropped like a brick,

dropped a few more on the other side of the wood but same problem, had a look could see feathers all over but they had flown and dropped in a silage field!

I shot another in exactly the same area as the first elusive one and could I fcuk find it... I was fuming, I was shaking bushes looking up trees!

thought it was some kind of acid flashback and had I actually shot them cos it was like they were disappearing down some kind of plug hole:icon_eek:

then I caught a glimpse of something that didn't look right on the deck about 20yrd away from where I was looking...

result it was a nice warm pigeon, so I looked up at the tree it was shot from and found my bearings and where id been shooting from then promptly found the first lost one!!

result.. I'm not mental!

part of the jungle1841211009_yjmb37fLQxqPcXknNQoCA.jpg.9eacef413aeb3b5a2b6a854e120c2023.jpg

modest bag but enough for a couple of nice pitta salad sandwiches!

qRR5ar2TTDO2adthtzQugg.jpg.5e93911e305befcfa57b21692ade7bc9.jpg

if anyone knows of any Brittany pups coming up give me a nod, best dog ive ever had... rip ralf, he'd of found them!

• Like 9

2 hours ago, David.evans said:

get one mate nothing better than having your best friend at your side

atb mate

ever considered a cocker

It's a pleasure roosting and flighting with mine now he's had a couple seasons at it. Knowing your dog will find the bird you just shot and be back immediately while you can focus on the next bird coming in is great. A lot of dog for 30lb.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, David.evans said:

get one mate nothing better than having your best friend at your side

atb mate

ever considered a cocker

Been toying with the idea of a cocker as it’ll be a lot more manageable for my mum or dad to take for walks and stuff if I’m away, the Brittany I had was to much for them.. it was good as gold for me but use to drag everyone else all over!!

just been offered one by a mate who drives a 360 on site, from working stock and 7 month old £350!

think I’ll have a look at it this week?

Cheers si 

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, si brown said:

Been toying with the idea of a cocker as it’ll be a lot more manageable for my mum or dad to take for walks and stuff if I’m away, the Brittany I had was to much for them.. it was good as gold for me but use to drag everyone else all over!!

just been offered one by a mate who drives a 360 on site, from working stock and 7 month old £350!

think I’ll have a look at it this week?

Cheers si 

Worth a look mate and I wouldn’t be put off by the fact that it’s 7 month either. That’s a plus for me, so long as it’s just been treated like a pup in that time.

82434F17-591A-4E64-A577-F4F1A0CB2748.jpeg

C3808174-C09D-4A3C-A1CE-D45D4A6241C0.jpeg

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, big napper said:

Nice pup si, has your mate done anything with it, (basics, retrieving, around stock or not done anything, 7 month a good age i think

No he’s part of a litter he bread but was given to his sister as a family pet but she’s got a baby on the way so it’s a bit to much for her, seen a couple of vids of dad at work... ?I can shape this lad up, but he’ll be a house dog/pet as well the kids have been moaning for ages about me getting another!

• Like 2