pup i kept back

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

oreet lads just a pic of a pup i kept back out of a litter i bred 15 week old tomorrow atb

Nice looking pup but I’d like a bit more meat on it for 15 weeks old .. it’s got plenty of time to look like a lurcher when it’s an adult ......

There in lays the problem mate ... cheap dry food from Aldi will never put muscle on a dog compared to raw meat ... get raw chicken beef lamb down the pup with veg mixed in ... you will see a world of

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, 355mlredbull said:

If you're local to Wigan 

The petshop at hindley does all the mince cheapest place around 

Plus they do good quality dry food 

Gain,redmills etc 

yeah i usually go to kev mate just not had chance latley with work n stuff so the mrs picked a sack of the cheap stuff up to get us by till i can get there usually on the australian formular but like a say not had chance get there atb 

1 minute ago, Scafflad1 said:

yeah i usually go to kev mate just not had chance latley with work n stuff so the mrs picked a sack of the cheap stuff up to get us by till i can get there usually on the australian formular but like a say not had chance get there atb 

It's a good little shop stocks everything

You can't beat feeding raw 

Although it's not always easy 

Just feed pups as much as they will eat 

• Like 1

The pup doesn't look like its starving,got plenty of muscle tone.Its hard to keep fat on them if they are eating a lot of rabbit.Pups look fatter on chicken as the protein,but I don't know if their healthier.If I'm feeding a lot of rabbit I feed a fair few eggs and veg scraps.If pups have a bit of fat on them you their getting enough for optimum growth.

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Scafflad1 said:

also ive read somewere or got told that rabbit has the perfect meat to bone ratio for dogs somthing along the lines of 8 10 10 somthing like that 

I reckon the best calcium source and good protein but not enough fat.When I was feeding mainly rabbit the dogs were too lean and not much shine on their coat,but worked well and seemed healthy enough.I've got heaps of chickens now so the dogs get eggs every day,they have shiny coats and seem to heal quicker from cuts.

Rabbit is good protein for the pup but it holds hardly any fat , 

trappeds in the olden days died from what called protein poisoning from eating only rabbit, 

get some good fatty red meat in them . I go the abattoir and get the chunks of fat that they cut off the beef and chop it up and mix with there food , 

Rabbit is good providing you feed the whole carcase, including the head and brain. Apparently, if those starving pioneers in the USA had eaten the brains of rabbits as well, they'd have been OK, as the brain contains a fair bit of fat, but also, there is a fair bit of difference between a wild canid eating rabbit and our domestic dogs as a wild animal can access all sorts of other bits and pieces which instinct tells it to eat to supplement the lacks in certain wild meats.. I go for variety as much as possible when feeding dogs, and steer clear of cheap dried foods at all costs.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Scafflad1 said:

also ive read somewere or got told that rabbit has the perfect meat to bone ratio for dogs somthing along the lines of 8 10 10 somthing like that 

If you just go butcher's and have a word they should give you the white beef fat they have to pay to get rid of it chuck a bit in wi the rabbit sorted 

cheres lads but out of the 15 weeks the pups been alive its had the one bag of cheap food in the last week she now back on austrailian formular and rabbit she and my other dogs also gets whats left of the plates and whatever the mrs has got left over when shes feeding the 5000 haha but cheres for the advice lads everydays a school day as they say atb

• Like 2

Nice to see a chap taking advice without getting all snotty about it good on you Scafflad....id echo what Socks said i never liked to see a pup undercut theres plenty of time to shape the dog up as long as its not getting soft fat id  like to see a little bit more on a growing pup.

12 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Nice to see a chap taking advice without getting all snotty about it good on you Scafflad....id echo what Socks said i never liked to see a pup undercut theres plenty of time to shape the dog up as long as its not getting soft fat id  like to see a little bit more on a growing pup.

But socks likes hairy bikers and no pup needs that in it shoulders ???????