Big Tommy Robinson news ..just gone live

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

One I could honestly start hitting folk with a ball peen hammer for  is ‘bae’ that’s sickening when a woman says it but when a guy says it, it’s nothing more than him telling you his missus has him mentally castrated ☹️

Say fuckun what?, that's not the place down the dales where they put the Christmas decorations up in summer as well as winter because there's nothing else to do is it? 

Cannot remember what the place is called, one of the old hillwalkers was telling me about it lol

• Replies 881
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please share 

sick b*****ds.good man tommy stick it to these c**ts.

Have you been keeping up with his life mate .Your the one banging on about our establishment yet when someone actually goes against the grain that’s wrong too .If these fascists want to annoy Tommy th

Posted Images

1 hour ago, kanny said:

Quite interesting where some of these come from. 

Where does 'duck' come from?

Firstly the word “duck” as a term of greeting has nothing at all to do with the winged bird of the same name.

It is said to find its origin in the Saxon word ‘ducas’ which was meant as a term of respect; similar to the Middle English ‘duc’, ‘duk’ which denotes a leader, commander; from which comes the title ‘Duke’ and the Old French word ‘ducheé’ - the territory ruled by a Duke.

From these origins it became a greeting and then a term of endearment. This use of ‘duck’ as a greeting is not restricted to the Potteries; although the use here is very common. It is still used an many parts of what was Mercia. Even though they have very different dialects from the Potteries the greeting is used in the Black Country, in Derbyshire, as far east as Warwickshire and Nottinghamshire. In Yorkshire the main term of greeting is ‘luv’ but in Sheffield, which is close to the Yorkshire – Derbyshire boarder the greeting ‘Ey up mi duck’ can be heard.

In Midsummer Nights Dream Shakespeare uses the phrase ‘O dainty Ducke: O Deere!” as a term of endearment.

Rabbit hole lol ?

Cheers, D.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, WILF said:

Another one that’s like being stung by a bee is “Fella”………

Guilty as charged ? I use mate, pal, buddy, fella, mister, young man, after "Allright"? At work ? 

I work with people who can resonate with those terms.

Mates, I just say, "how's it hanging?" or "Allright Nobby?" ?

Cheers, D.

I

• Like 1
1 minute ago, dytkos said:

Guilty as charged ? I use mate, pal, buddy, fella, mister, young man, after "Allright"? At work ? 

I work with people who can resonate with those terms.

Mates, I just say, "how's it hanging?" or "Allright Nobby?" ?

Cheers, D.

I

You're just common....fella...

2 hours ago, Borr said:

Few mates in Wales with nicknames such as wonka and Wilbur , and if they don't have a nickname there's normally a y stuck on the end or surnames with a y . Budda , pig loads and I couldn't tell you their real names after knowing some of them 20 year...

I remember pig ? 

39 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Cheers Chap ? I'd never ever never ever say Geezer lol

Cheers, D.

Again, it’s one of them depends how you use it…..and how regular.

So I would say to people from my area of London if I was explaining who someone is “you know the geezer” and that would be acceptable.

But I would never say “Alright geezer” by way of a greeting because then I’d just sound like an utter retarded prick ! 

To me it’s a word that gets used rarely and only in very specific ways.

Here’s one, so if I met an old traveller man I’d call him “Uncle” out of respect for him being the elder person in the group.

Are there similar nuances around the country I wonder ?

10 hours ago, WILF said:

Here’s one, so if I met an old traveller man I’d call him “Uncle” out of respect for him being the elder person in the group.

Butty Bach, often used in the valleys 

Edited by Borr
Drunken drivel
16 minutes ago, WILF said:

Younger Hindu women call older men uncle