Respect

Okay lads went to my old mates funeral today used dig with him all over Country he was bang into his dogs but his path went a different way for abit but still loved the dog game he ended up being a Hells Angel  but still kept a Lurcher about him  won champion of champion in the terriers & went ont to do judging but that’s the way it goes most the lads will remember him anyway’s round these ways RIP Lennie 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Flacko said:

Okay lads went to my old mates funeral today used dig with him all over Country he was bang into his dogs but his path went a different way for abit but still loved the dog game he ended up being a Hells Angel  but still kept a Lurcher about him  won champion of champion in the terriers & went ont to do judging but that’s the way it goes most the lads will remember him anyway’s round these ways RIP Lennie 

Sounds an interesting fella who i bet had a story or two to tell, RIP Lennie and nice one  for telling us about him.Respect to you Flacko ✌️..

13 hours ago, Flacko said:

Amen to that mate.... I'm sorry we didn't get chance to chat, I only just saw the back of you as you were heading down the hill.

But it was one hell of a turnout and fair play to those biker lads they gave him a proper send off, the likes of which I've never seen before.

I've attached some pictures from way back then. The first one is when he won the original F&M Champion of Champions (as it was then) at the Midland Game Fair with his Lakeland Dog Billy. The Reserve was Gary Middleton's Border and the judge David Jones.

The second picture is from when we travelled down to Sevenoaks, Kent and judged together, I'd say both date back to the mid 1980's.

The third is when he won the old F&M show at Llangollen with Chalky and "Taff" Mitchell's Lakeland was Reserve.

R.I.P. Old Friend :cheers:

1866136293_LenBillyDavidZoom.jpg.4090b2c96197b8d330b798e37f674ad6.jpg

1811538549_LenSevenoaks19842Zoom.jpg.d0e7936c67def61b56a56e4242e1f40b.jpg

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 9
44 minutes ago, Kaiser Sozé said:

Lovely pictures of handsome terriers and great times Barry! But can you say in general, the terriers being shown at the time were genuine, solid grafters?

I can only speak about those dogs I saw work for myself and both Billy and Chalky were 110% (as was the man himself).

What I can say with some certainty is that they were very much different times, if there were any doubts about a dog's working ability, it normally resulted in an invitation to see the dog work. That's provided it was phrased correctly of course.... the alternative being a smack in the mouth LOL.

Kindest Regards - Barrie

Edited by Barrie
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Barrie said:

I can only speak about those dogs I saw work for myself and both Billy and Chalky were 110% (as was the man himself).

What I can saw with some certainty is that they were very much different times, if there were any doubts about a dog's working ability, it normally resulted in an invitation to see the dog work. That's provided it was phrased correctly of course.... the alternative being a smack in the mouth LOL.

Kindest Regards - Barrie

Sorry Kaizer.... what I should also have added is that in those days there was no internet either. As a result, it's fair to say that in the main a man's reputation (for better or worse) and those of his dogs were based on what they did in the field, rather than how prolific a poster they were on Facebook and the number of likes and dislikes they got.

• Like 5

Kaiser Soze I had a dog out of billy to a very game patterdale bitch my dog called digger was a very decent animal who went about his with work with no fuss he died at 11 years of age & was gifted to me off Lennie we had some good days out as Barrie said times were different then, atb Flacko 

• Like 5