Trail cameras

2 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

How much Mac? 

Can't remember exactly mate as I got them as part of a job lot over a year ago,good quality pics and footage though.Some Walmart's sometimes sell trail-cams basic ones in sales for 25 dollars,I have seen reconditioned ones with good specifications for cheap.

On 10/02/2019 at 20:03, ands said:

I use the little acorn cameras they seem to last forever- even had one submerge in a reservoir and still came back to life!

They seem to be pretty bomb proof I no someone that has had 8 years trouble free use out of one, I,ve just been out to check 5 cameras over a 1000 videos to run through, nothing out the ordinary apart from a new polecat group have had two hobs and a Jill, sweet 

Edited by Greyman
  • Like 3
On 08/02/2019 at 14:33, Greyman said:

For anyone interested these are one of the best budget cameras I have used, really good distance, wide angle and good picture quality, full size SD cards as well, price has just been droppped a bit more on amazon  https://www.amazon.co.uk/DIGITNOW-Waterproof-Wildlife-Surveillance-Detection-camo/dp/B07DF6CRWN/ref=sr_1_66?ie=UTF8&qid=1549623105&sr=8-66&keywords=trail+cameras. At £42 probably cheaper than the price of a repair ??

Cheers for that Greyman.. I ordered one and it came on Wednesday. 

Question, if you don't mind. Do you alter any of the setting on the camera.. when setting up from scratch or just leave it on the factory default settings??

I see there's quite a few options. Can't say I'm interested in video. So that'll save on memory and power. Any other tips would be appreciated.

Not got a clue where I'm going to put it yet.. i didn't think about that bit!

Cheers?

47 minutes ago, Bush Rummager said:

Cheers for that Greyman.. I ordered one and it came on Wednesday. 

Question, if you don't mind. Do you alter any of the setting on the camera.. when setting up from scratch or just leave it on the factory default settings??

I see there's quite a few options. Can't say I'm interested in video. So that'll save on memory and power. Any other tips would be appreciated.

Not got a clue where I'm going to put it yet.. i didn't think about that bit!

Cheers?

If you just want stills set it on a burst of three and when you set it up try to look along the path you want to cover not across it as fast moving stuff will have past by the time it triggers, if your after animals put a rock or log in front of your camera and everything that passes stops for a sniff and a pee put the camera 3/4 ft up slightly facing down, should get you going, tweet it as you view pictures and beware facing east as the rising sun blinds them ?

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Bush Rummager said:

Great tips there Greyman, really appreciate that. Muchness thankness ?

Yeah Greyman knows his shit he gave me some good tips the other week................ive now seen a squirrel and 2 pigeons !

But havent lost a camera since so its all good.

• Haha 1