Are these legal in UK?

Just been to Cold Steels European showroom to look at the spears,anyway they also have the tim wells blowguns in stock,loads of YouTube vids of Tim hunting bear,deer,and sheep with these.Are they legal in the UK,conflicting info as I have seen blowguns for sale in the UK in the past,yet heard they aren't legal?

IMG_20190206_154649.jpg

IMG_20190206_155026.jpg

IMG_20190206_154952.jpg

IMG_20190206_154958.jpg

IMG_20190206_155015.jpg

• Like 3

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

always fanceyd them sword sticks.....fancied myself as a Victorian gent dressed in my best savil row suit strutting threw London...ironing out every Victorian mugger like some Sherlock homes type peri

just dont blow to hard keep it under 12fib lol

Just been to Cold Steels European showroom to look at the spears,anyway they also have the tim wells blowguns in stock,loads of YouTube vids of Tim hunting bear,deer,and sheep with these.Are they lega

Posted Images

Made a few in the past out of a 6 foot length of 15mm copper pipe, darts were made from barby skewers with i tiny arrowhead made from welding rod the flight was just cotton wool wrapped round the end of the dart in a ball. Brought down roosting pheasants with one, peashooters they definately aint.

• Like 1

Here's a small list of what we can't have. :nono:

Specified weapons Section 141 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988 provides that it is an offence to manufacture, sell or hire, offer for sale or hire, expose or have in his possession for the purpose of sale or hire of or lending or giving to any other person certain specified weapons.

The Criminal Justice Act (Offensive Weapons) Order 1988 (S.I 1998/2019) (as amended) provides that the following are specified weapons for the purpose of section 141:

a) ‘a knuckleduster, that is, a band of metal or other hard material worn on one or more fingers, and designed to cause injury, and any weapon incorporating a knuckleduster;

b) a swordstick, that is, a hollow walking-stick or cane containing a blade which may be used as a sword;

c) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘handclaw’, being a band of metal or other hard material from which a number of sharp spikes protrude, and worn around the hand;

d) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘belt buckle knife’, being a buckle which incorporates or conceals a knife;

e) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘push dagger’, being a knife, the handle of which fits within a clenched fist and the blade of which protrudes from between two fingers;

f) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘hollow kubotan’, being a cylindrical container containing a number of sharp spikes;

g) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘footclaw’, being a bar of metal or other hard material from which a number of sharp spikes protrude, and worn strapped to the foot;

h) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘shuriken’, ‘shaken’ or ‘death star’, being a hard non-flexible plate having three or more sharp radiating points and designed to be thrown;

i) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘balisong’ or ‘butterfly knife’, being a blade enclosed by its handle, which is designed to split down the middle, without the operation of a spring or other mechanical means, to reveal the blade;

j) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘telescopic truncheon’, being a truncheon which extends automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in or attached to its handle;

k) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘blowpipe’ or ‘blow gun’, being a hollow tube out of which hard pellets or darts are shot by the use of breath;

l) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘kusari gama’, being a length of rope, cord, wire or chain fastened at one end to a sickle;

m) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘kyoketsu shoge’, being a length of rope, cord, wire or chain fastened at one end to a hooked knife;

n) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘manrikigusari’ or ‘kusari’, being a length of rope, cord, wire or chain fastened at each end to a hard weight or hand grip;

o) a disguised knife, that is any knife which has a concealed blade or concealed sharp point and is designed to appear to be an everyday object of a kind commonly carried on the person or in a handbag, briefcase, or other hand luggage (such as a comb, brush, writing instrument, cigarette lighter, key, lipstick or telephone);

p) a stealth knife, that is a knife or spike, which has a blade, or sharp point, made from a material that is not readily detectable by apparatus used for detecting metal and which is not designed for domestic use or for use in the processing, preparation or consumption of food or as a toy;

q) a straight, side-handled or friction-lock truncheon (sometimes known as a baton);

r) a sword with a curved blade of 50 centimetres or over in length; and for the purposes of this sub-paragraph, the length of the blade shall be the straight line distance from the top of the handle to the tip of the blade.’

Just now, keepitcovert said:

Made a few in the past out of a 6 foot length of 15mm copper pipe, darts were made from barby skewers with i tiny arrowhead made from welding rod the flight was just cotton wool wrapped round the end of the dart in a ball. Brought down roosting pheasants with one, peashooters they definately aint.

I actually bought one from the states years ago,not the tim wells model however,killed a few rats with it and spuggies roosting in a hedge.

23 minutes ago, walshie said:

Here's a small list of what we can't have. :nono:

Specified weapons Section 141 of the Criminal Justice Act 1988 provides that it is an offence to manufacture, sell or hire, offer for sale or hire, expose or have in his possession for the purpose of sale or hire of or lending or giving to any other person certain specified weapons.

The Criminal Justice Act (Offensive Weapons) Order 1988 (S.I 1998/2019) (as amended) provides that the following are specified weapons for the purpose of section 141:

a) ‘a knuckleduster, that is, a band of metal or other hard material worn on one or more fingers, and designed to cause injury, and any weapon incorporating a knuckleduster;

b) a swordstick, that is, a hollow walking-stick or cane containing a blade which may be used as a sword;

c) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘handclaw’, being a band of metal or other hard material from which a number of sharp spikes protrude, and worn around the hand;

d) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘belt buckle knife’, being a buckle which incorporates or conceals a knife;

e) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘push dagger’, being a knife, the handle of which fits within a clenched fist and the blade of which protrudes from between two fingers;

f) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘hollow kubotan’, being a cylindrical container containing a number of sharp spikes;

g) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘footclaw’, being a bar of metal or other hard material from which a number of sharp spikes protrude, and worn strapped to the foot;

h) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘shuriken’, ‘shaken’ or ‘death star’, being a hard non-flexible plate having three or more sharp radiating points and designed to be thrown;

i) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘balisong’ or ‘butterfly knife’, being a blade enclosed by its handle, which is designed to split down the middle, without the operation of a spring or other mechanical means, to reveal the blade;

j) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘telescopic truncheon’, being a truncheon which extends automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in or attached to its handle;

k) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘blowpipe’ or ‘blow gun’, being a hollow tube out of which hard pellets or darts are shot by the use of breath;

l) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘kusari gama’, being a length of rope, cord, wire or chain fastened at one end to a sickle;

m) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘kyoketsu shoge’, being a length of rope, cord, wire or chain fastened at one end to a hooked knife;

n) the weapon sometimes known as a ‘manrikigusari’ or ‘kusari’, being a length of rope, cord, wire or chain fastened at each end to a hard weight or hand grip;

o) a disguised knife, that is any knife which has a concealed blade or concealed sharp point and is designed to appear to be an everyday object of a kind commonly carried on the person or in a handbag, briefcase, or other hand luggage (such as a comb, brush, writing instrument, cigarette lighter, key, lipstick or telephone);

p) a stealth knife, that is a knife or spike, which has a blade, or sharp point, made from a material that is not readily detectable by apparatus used for detecting metal and which is not designed for domestic use or for use in the processing, preparation or consumption of food or as a toy;

q) a straight, side-handled or friction-lock truncheon (sometimes known as a baton);

r) a sword with a curved blade of 50 centimetres or over in length; and for the purposes of this sub-paragraph, the length of the blade shall be the straight line distance from the top of the handle to the tip of the blade.’

Items J & Q perfectly describe implements carried by every police officer ?

Yes ... section 141 if you please !

That accounts for most of all the Rambos on this site.  Not nanny state. Those laws were brought in for good reason. Some years ago I had a lad trainee who was sent our company from colledge for work experience. He hadn't been with us for a week when he asked if he could have some off cut metal pieces. I asked what he wanted  and what he was going to make with it ? He replied "STARS ". "Stars" says I, "why do you want to make stars", SAYS I.  He replied that he was going to Chuck them at people waiting at level crossing from the train on his way home !!! Needless to say I ripped him a new porthole and made him see the stupidity of his cranky idea.  Now anyone who thinks that it is a nanny state to ban nutters using this etuff might like to consider the effect on them if this nut case of a boy had launched a metal star out of a moving train and it had hit them or their wife or kids ect. There's enough of people killing each other with srandard house knives without this stuff being sold to them.

3 minutes ago, Meece said:

Yes ... section 141 if you please !

That accounts for most of all the Rambos on this site.  Not nanny state. Those laws were brought in for good reason. Some years ago I had a lad trainee who was sent our company from colledge for work experience. He hadn't been with us for a week when he asked if he could have some off cut metal pieces. I asked what he wanted  and what he was going to make with it ? He replied "STARS ". "Stars" says I, "why do you want to make stars", SAYS I.  He replied that he was going to Chuck them at people waiting at level crossing from the train on his way home !!! Needless to say I ripped him a new porthole and made him see the stupidity of his cranky idea.  Now anyone who thinks that it is a nanny state to ban nutters using this etuff might like to consider the effect on them if this nut case of a boy had launched a metal star out of a moving train and it had hit them or their wife or kids ect. There's enough of people killing each other with srandard house knives without this stuff being sold to them.

He could have picked them up online quite cheaply........as you could nearly all the items Walshie mentioned !

3 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

Surely that's only if you're making, selling, hiring said weapons? A lot of people collect swords etc with blades more than 2ft long. 

Cold steel do those as well,saw them in the showroom.Having a blowgun is a crime,yet you can get ghost-gun kits online,stun-gun kits online,bit of drilling or soldering with either and you have a working 9 millie pistol or zapper.