First feeder to go out.

Put in position today lads. 

My first attempt mind, so have patience yer set of twats. :feck: :laugh:

I see a few squirrels around this area, so i`ve set the box here.

IMG_1291.JPG.a0320ffb66159f7f4141b9565a405034.JPG

See the flags stood on edge, well if you look at the poly tunnel there are two small trees in buckets, that will be where my blind will be - approx 22 yds, if that proves too close i can easily set up further back between the tunnels. ( I like to get close if i can ).

IMG_1292.JPG.d725e635cea8a9b559a77ec5cc66e66d.JPG

The feeder box is approx` 6 ft high, with a log screwed into position.

Waiting game now.

atb  Mark.

• Like 2
On 07/02/2019 at 13:28, LuckOrJudgement said:

I just heard the HSE has reliscenced a poison bait for grey squirrels after a break of 5 years. Worth bearing in mind if you regularly eat what you shoot...

I think it's a grain/warfarin combo.

Is that actually true? Poison and animals never goes down well... 

interesting point to be honest, it’s saves any shooting effort. However, how do we target squirrels only with poison? Sorry, just asking an amature question when it comes to toxics (for a change ?) when so many song birds and native species go for the same grub.

7 hours ago, Rez said:

Is that actually true? Poison and animals never goes down well... 

interesting point to be honest, it’s saves any shooting effort. However, how do we target squirrels only with poison? Sorry, just asking an amature question when it comes to toxics (for a change ?) when so many song birds and native species go for the same grub.

Yes it is. The product is only licenced for indoor use, so as to target squirrels that have invaded attics and other voids. This is crazy because squirrels are very easy to trap - and just adds to the risk of secondary poisoning to owls and raptors via ingestion of mice that have eaten the product and then gone outside. In this day and age, when the unnecessary use of anti-coagulants is ostensibly frowned upon and even prohibited under Stewardship and other programs, this stuff should never have seen the light of day.

The best poison for greys is peanut butter smeared onto the trigger plate of a good trap, or lead, administered at high speed via an airpowered delivery system!

• Like 1
17 hours ago, mark williams said:

Put in position today lads. 

My first attempt mind, so have patience yer set of twats. :feck: :laugh:

I see a few squirrels around this area, so i`ve set the box here.

IMG_1291.JPG.a0320ffb66159f7f4141b9565a405034.JPG

See the flags stood on edge, well if you look at the poly tunnel there are two small trees in buckets, that will be where my blind will be - approx 22 yds, if that proves too close i can easily set up further back between the tunnels. ( I like to get close if i can ).

IMG_1292.JPG.d725e635cea8a9b559a77ec5cc66e66d.JPG

The feeder box is approx` 6 ft high, with a log screwed into position.

Waiting game now.

atb  Mark.

Can you move back to 38 yards Mark??

• Like 1