My pup 1st lamped rabbit 6 & 3/4 months old

Pups had his 1st rabbit on the lamp tonight 2nd time out took him Sunday and ran 2 but he missed them so I didn't want to break his heart so come home so tonight when again missed the 1st 1 but ran it very well 2nd rabbit was sitting about 20 yards away I shined the lamp on him and he pulled to run up the beam so I let him go so he ran to the end of the beam worked that out on his 4th ever run when he got near it off the rabbit went to the headge over the ditch it went in the headge followed by the dog not stopping for no cover pushed it back out across the field to another ditch it the ditch again back out and with in 4 yards he picked it up I was over the moon I let him shack it up a bit and parade around with it say let didn't have much choice he decided it was his but he dropped it for me in the end so with that I came home don't want to give him to much end on a high for him and back out again for a couple runs again Thursday just take it steady until the end of seasion then next seasion will then hopefully come on well his showing alot of promis all ready his working well with the ferrets aswell pictures not grate as it was a screen shot from a video I was sending a friend to show them 

20190205_202939.jpg

20190118_080411.jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, ghostie said:

He’s lovely, what’s his breeding?

Dad is a deer hound grey / bull grey x bull grey 

Mun is a bridlington whippet / collie greyhound x greyhound so he go abit of everything his as clever as f**k works things out after just a couple of times of doing something hears pictures of the parents ( their not my dogs )

Screenshot_20190206-110430_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20190206-110512_Messenger.jpg

• Like 5
2 hours ago, the lamping ferreter said:

Mun is a bridlington whippet / collie greyhound x greyhound so he go abit of everything his as clever as f**k works things out after just a couple of times of doing something hears pictures of the parents ( their not my dogs )

Best of luck with him.?

15 minutes ago, ghostie said:

Best of luck with him.?

Cheers mate I'm just going take him steady a couple of sensible runs and home once or twice a week and abit of morning ferreting hear and their up to the end of the seasion the next month or so then hopefully come next winter he be over a year old and already no abit and get him going properly then on to the red ones ? fingers crossed anyway 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lurcherman 887 said:

I wouldnt run him till next season now.. end on a high very young to run on lamp imo. That being well done the pup

I always have started my pups of 4 and 5 months ferreting with nets giving them the taste and a chew up and genrule mootching and shooting and then 6 months or so on wards on the lamp and still ferreting and mooching just steadily build them up as they get older and also as they show capability a dog that is missing a few who's not quite getting the hang of it I would leave him longer a dog that gets into and keeps killing why not it does them the world of good in my opinion everyone is different but I feel the more you do when their younger the more they learn I don't mean running the guts out of them I just mean getting out showing then the crack 

• Like 1

Totally agree with the ferreting and mooching mate just not one for stressing a young one out on the lamp to much , alot have been ruined that way im sure you know your self .. id be over the moon if i were you now.. personally myself i would not lamp until more mature but thats just my opinion!! . All the best with your pup ?

• Like 1
5 hours ago, the lamping ferreter said:

Father looks a handy animal ??

• Like 3