Bloody dog

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't be daft!!! Dog was fine before I went away and training is fine spent countless hours with this dog just asking if anyone else has this problem of they go away ...... so after your comment with

I was feckin close when he ran off from the car and wouldn't come back then started jumping about close enough to me to piss me off but just far enough away that I couldn't grab the twat ?

Walk the legs off the twat

1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

if working away is a regular thing ,then maybe a slatmill and get the wife to put him on it few times a day? not really fair on the Mrs to keep him in shape,she probably got enough in her plate.??

Not going to be regular bud a week away here and there maybe 2 weeks away in a 6 month period but shouldn't be back to back like this one was 

14 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Sounds like too much dog for you and shit training, ever thought of keeping quails? 

Don't be daft!!! Dog was fine before I went away and training is fine spent countless hours with this dog just asking if anyone else has this problem of they go away ...... so after your comment with respect f**k right off ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

Been working away last few weeks came back Friday and the bloody dog is being a right twat at the moment I normally call him once he comes he normally dose what I say but since I've been back he has ran off from the car when putting him back in after a walk and I'm having to say things over and over before he listens been told he's sulking but seems like he's just being a bellend anyone had this after being away for a few weeks? 

sit on the boot of the car and call him once like you normally do.if he ignores you.stay silent and just sit and stare at him dont break eye contact.if he does want to hold the stare.stare him out without blinking.he will soon look away.and once he does hes lost in his battle.

you will notice as he walks away he will glance at you now and again.to see your reaction.

he will only go so far from the car before he feels uncomfortable.

once he starts to wander closer.point to the boot of the car and say nothing to him.

stay relaxed and silent. no rush or fussing etc.

eye contact is stronger than the voice.

49 minutes ago, king said:

sit on the boot of the car and call him once like you normally do.if he ignores you.stay silent and just sit and stare at him dont break eye contact.if he does want to hold the stare.stare him out without blinking.he will soon look away.and once he does hes lost in his battle.

you will notice as he walks away he will glance at you now and again.to see your reaction.

he will only go so far from the car before he feels uncomfortable.

once he starts to wander closer.point to the boot of the car and say nothing to him.

stay relaxed and silent. no rush or fussing etc.

eye contact is stronger than the voice.

Not true a headstrong dog that's got other things on his mind won't be coming to you because you looked him in the eye.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

Not true a headstrong dog that's got other things on his mind won't be coming to you because you looked him in the eye.

the dog is more concerned in your body langauge the eye contact is the key i have found. just sit still square on to the dog and see what happens.the dog will give in before you will.

9 hours ago, king said:

the dog is more concerned in your body langauge the eye contact is the key i have found. just sit still square on to the dog and see what happens.the dog will give in before you will.

No the dog would go off hunting not giving 2 fuks if you got eye contact or what, some dogs will only listen to a firm hand a bit of eye contact when they really want something is not a deterant not in the slightest for a headstrong working type dog but maybe a pet it would work on 

It's not a training thing he knows what I wanted him to do he was just being a bellend but out on the morning walk today he seems to be getting back to normal of doing what is told of him so hopefully that's it out of his system now 

• Like 1