Missus wants a pet dog.

13 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Goto a rescue and get a staffy.

A STAFFY ? ???  ITS A WOMANS DOG SHE WANTS.   Not a pitbull.

If your Mrs has said that she wants a dog, then she must have something in mind. SO why hasn't she said "go and get me a >> XYZ" ?  does she really mean it ?  Also why hasn't she gone and found what she wants. Would you say to your Mrs " I want another dog and then expect her to go our and randomly find a dog suitable to you and your wants ?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Get her a rabbit 

Take her to the shelter and let her choose, there's enough of the poor fuckers in there through no fault of their own. It's not like she wants anything in particular so why not give one a chance rathe

Get a working wheaten and tell her it's a labradoodle. She will think it's cute and loveable until it's balls drop.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Meece said:

A STAFFY ? ???  ITS A WOMANS DOG SHE WANTS.   Not a pitbull.

If your Mrs has said that she wants a dog, then she must have something in mind. SO why hasn't she said "go and get me a >> XYZ" ?  does she really mean it ?  Also why hasn't she gone and found what she wants. Would you say to your Mrs " I want another dog and then expect her to go our and randomly find a dog suitable to you and your wants ?

f**k me hark at you banging on ?

She thinking about a French bulldog but not set in stone that's why I'm putting it out there

Theres no rush just wondered whats people's thoughts are, few other things in mind, Boston terrier, boxer dog maybe a staff but prefer personal experiences of types people may have just a thought eh cheers

1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Whippet, tidy size, clean, don't smell, perfect as house dogs and easy to look after. Also great looking dogs .

Also, more than capable should you, or the missus, fancy taking her out for a few hours ?

What woman could refuse a whippet. Lol.

A061A8D9-3A5F-4450-9A7A-EE5828D32A2A.jpeg

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Jackknife said:

f**k me hark at you banging on ?

She thinking about a French bulldog but not set in stone that's why I'm putting it out there

Theres no rush just wondered whats people's thoughts are, few other things in mind, Boston terrier, boxer dog maybe a staff but prefer personal experiences of types people may have just a thought eh cheers

Obviously down to you and your missus, but I WOULD'NT be getting a french bulldog, british bulldog , boston terrier, boxer or pug. Shame on breeders that keep breeding that shit. Have friends/associates, that own all of the above breeds, and all are back and forth the vets. 

Staffs are definitely a better proposition healthwise, but could 'possibly' be a bit too full on.

Anyway good luck with your search ?.

Just reread your first post. A staff definitely isn't a small 'housepet' kind of dog. To keep em properly happy, they need a proper amount of exercise, physical and mental, otherwise you'll end up with a problem dog. Boxers obviously are bigger again, and are also an active breed.

Put your foot down, and get the whippet ?

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, shaaark said:

Obviously down to you and your missus, but I WOULD'NT be getting a french bulldog, british bulldog , boston terrier, boxer or pug. Shame on breeders that keep breeding that shit. Have friends/associates, that own all of the above breeds, and all are back and forth the vets. 

Staffs are definitely a better proposition healthwise, but could 'possibly' be a bit too full on.

Anyway good luck with your search ?.

Just reread your first post. A staff definitely isn't a small 'housepet' kind of dog. To keep em properly happy, they need a proper amount of exercise, physical and mental, otherwise you'll end up with a problem dog. Boxers obviously are bigger again, and are also an active breed.

Put your foot down, and get the whippet ?

get a nice  pit bitch pup, there very loving breed with people, when brought up right, they not natural guards , i had nice pit bitch great with people and ok with other dogs, if they were ok with her, far better than  KC  staff, or french bulldog, english bulldog, boxer  take for ever to grow up some never do. there plenty of lurchers in the pound, some with pit in them, have look there for a nice bitch, as there smaller, and loyal dogs, most lurcher are if treated right with kindness and firmness . you get lurcher for 50-70 quid , far cheaper and  healthier  than then KC  rubbish , but if she wants a bull terrier type dog, get nice pit bitch pup  , if you going to spend bit more money .?

• Confused 1
1 hour ago, bird said:

get a nice  pit bitch pup, there very loving breed with people, when brought up right, they not natural guards , i had nice pit bitch great with people and ok with other dogs, if they were ok with her, far better than  KC  staff, or french bulldog, english bulldog, boxer  take for ever to grow up some never do. there plenty of lurchers in the pound, some with pit in them, have look there for a nice bitch, as there smaller, and loyal dogs, most lurcher are if treated right with kindness and firmness . you get lurcher for 50-70 quid , far cheaper and  healthier  than then KC  rubbish , but if she wants a bull terrier type dog, get nice pit bitch pup  , if you going to spend bit more money .?

Yea a pit is really a small house pet ?

• Haha 1