THE TECKEL – THE MOST VERSATILE WORKING DOG

dymented

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

But if any one wants to use either stud dog i have here your more than welcome yo use them free of charge 

Posted Images

On 04/02/2019 at 19:31, dymented said:

A great podcast to listen to as well . I Just got a copy of the International working teckel and from the pictures in the book it looks like the working type are not as short in the leg as show type . Their legs are similar to some Russell types . It's good to see the breed still has capability.  I'm very tempted. 

• Like 3
11 hours ago, busman said:

A great podcast to listen to as well . I Just got a copy of the International working teckel and from the pictures in the book it looks like the working type are not as short in the leg as show type . Their legs are similar to some Russell types . It's good to see the breed still has capability.  I'm very tempted. 

A proper Teckel has a good high leg, not these nuts and bellys dragging on the ground nonsense...

• Like 4
18 hours ago, Netmaker said:

my mate goldfinch has two cracking little teckels they put plenty in front of us to shoot for my lab 

That sounds like a lot of fun . ??

Our labs more of a family pet and a typical choco (mental )but has been retrieving squirrels I've picked off with the air rifle with out much training and after 7 years of doing nothing sport related. 

This being my first lab,are they generally so keen?

• Like 1
On 11/12/2019 at 21:49, dymented said:

If any one is interested in reading more about the Teckel try this https://internationalworkingteckel.com/ 

I'd heard a bit about Teckels, but this book really opened my eyes as to how much they do, and how popular they are in Europe. Some of the articles in the book are brilliantly written, describing in detail exactly how Teckels work and what their strengths are, and, which surprised me a bit, how well they can be trained to perform a multitude of tasks in the hunting field. It's funny how many people who have never even seen one of these dogs working are so scathing. Admitted, I do find short-legged dogs a bit weird, and lacking in some way, but there do seem to be a lot of people who swear by their versatility, and the proper working types are higher on the leg than the show stuff we see plodding along the streets in the UK.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, busman said:

That sounds like a lot of fun . ??

Our labs more of a family pet and a typical choco (mental )but has been retrieving squirrels I've picked off with the air rifle with out much training and after 7 years of doing nothing sport related. 

This being my first lab,are they generally so keen?

the bitch in my avatar is a cracking bitch was easy to train and very keen to please hunts like a spaniel I have her daughter age 6mths and she is coming along well

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Netmaker said:

the bitch in my avatar is a cracking bitch was easy to train and very keen to please hunts like a spaniel I have her daughter age 6mths and she is coming along well

She looks nice . Always a bonus to breed from your own . ?

2 hours ago, Netmaker said:

the two I go out with aren't slow they can cover some ground when they hit a line

See I think there slow, cross them with a good terrier and you have a cracking bushing dog, just my experience with them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1