Out checking feeders this morning

Lovely morning to be out, unfortunately couldn't make it for first light would've been a perfect morning to be set up at a feeder bright sunshine and no wind, so had to make do with some challenging stalking conditions with frozen leaves underfoot  but managed five stalking towards feeders plus one back at the truck after I had packed everything away,I had just shut the door of the truck when I spotted him sat up in an oak tree looking straight at me flicking his tail at me so back out with the rifle and at approximately 20 yards he didn't stand a chance that took the total to six, I've planned a couple of early starts this week so should catch up with who is eating all the maize out of my feeders!

20190203_115208.jpg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, smithie said:

I went with Mr wilks to look at some squirrel this morning 

30/35yds. They aren't something I normally shoot but I had been invited so it would be rude not to.

20190203_092423.jpg

Get them cooked mate :thumbs:

........... There's good meat on those little critters.

24 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

You can't beat a good result from a walk n' stalk on squirrels :yes:

Well done mate :thumbs:

my preverd method if I'm honest  but when they get a bit jittery as they are in one of the woods I'm shooting then you can't beat sitting near a feeder which I'm doing in the morning ?

well done smithie I think you should do more of it

6 minutes ago, The one said:

Aye get them cooked and try them there different to all other meat 

I've eaten plenty mate unfortunately my misses is not so taken by the idea so what my ferrets don't eat I put out for for the crows and magpies although I think the buzzards and red kites are taking most of them,

Had another couple this evening 

20190204_165409.jpg

• Like 1
17 hours ago, plugster said:

I've eaten plenty mate unfortunately my misses is not so taken by the idea so what my ferrets don't eat I put out for for the crows and magpies although I think the buzzards and red kites are taking most of them,

Had another couple this evening 

20190204_165409.jpg

Good result plugster. Is that .177 fac? If so, what power level do you find gives good accuracy and do you need to use heavy pellets in .177 at higher power?

Yes Rimfireboy it is 177 fac and heavy pellets at top power are needed , the most accurate are crossman premier 10.5 gr spits them out at 21ftlb .I've tried allsorts through it, others have come close but it's the premier's that come out on top.

If I turn the power down its not so fussy,but I know where I'm at with this combination it's a little bit too much for squirrels from a feeder that's only 25yrds away but comes in really handy for those slightly longer thread through the branches shots ?

20190205_165111.jpg

• Like 1

It’s handy being able to adjust the power to get your best results. Many guns you don’t have that luxury. It’s a useful feature on an fac air rifle. I’ve read that .177’s can be difficult at fac levels. Not so with the air arms extra?. Good shooting fella.

Being able to adjust the power was one of the main reasons I went for the s510 but to be honest I rarely use it on anything other than full power as its used mostly for stalking ,it's a little awkward in a small hide which is why I bought this little one

Happy hide shooting?

20190210_081046.jpg.49c1c42df3680aeec118da05e8f2a2d5.jpg 

• Like 2