Bellman red brick

I've taken one to bits because they wouldn't fix it, it was brand new in the box but never used for just over 5 years. The original purchaser packed up and moved on and gave it to me. I told him the battery would be no use and I was right, I phoned Bellend and skint but got nothing but waffle about their time and cost of fixing it  ! I explained I'd had it given to me and it was obviously a battery problem, still no go, I wasn't the original purchaser.

To add insult to injury my mate phoned them and got the same response,  he left it a few days and they'd gone 180 degrees and agreed to fix it !  Shower of c**ts won't get another penny off me

• Like 3

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pieps £180 brand new, small compact fits in ur pocket, box harness etc.

You can try and send it back but they're well known for their poor customer services,  if you haven't got a proof of purchase they'll refuse to have anything to do with it.  If you're not the original

It would be ideal, even if everyone on here who would be interested donated say £10 each to the cause to make a prototype and then get them into production, surely they’d pay for themselves after a fe

Posted Images

We had the same problem with the push button stopped working we just switched back to the pieps box sent the red brick back to be fixed and it was sent back cause the battery was f****d appaerently all parts are covered except the battery so we had ta pay €100 for the battery to be replaced when that was done they never sent back the original finder they sent back a new replacement one instead.

I've used ortovox for years the last one i bought 2 years ago cost me £60 from germany on ebay , sounds a bit loud but a bit of tape over the speaker sorted that , gets a bit ropey under 20cm  but your close enough by then , not done much with the brick but i do like the fact its in feet and inches , so if anyone is thinking of making some please do one with feet and inches

• Like 2

It’s a niche market, so I’d imagine there’s not a lot of people outside the hunting community that would even have any idea what a terrier locator is, so B&F probably feel they are safe to act this way as we’ve nowhere else to turn?  I’m surprised Deben never gave them any competition.

9 hours ago, Apache... said:

Pieps £180 brand new, small compact fits in ur pocket, box harness etc.image.jpeg.76e6e18bd75ca8f8d8432c9303dd4d82.jpeg

I use one myself and as it goes although the harness thing looks a bit rambo and daft it is a handy bit of kit to keep the box safe and not pushed back into the hole with the backfill. Mine is tapped to as that bleep sure does get to you eh :laugh:,swapped from a ortovox box as it broke and just didn't fancy a red brick and the hassles iv'e heard about them..Pieps box is all good and does what it's ment to..

• Like 1

how much would it really cost to buy in the transmitters,and a plastic mould machine to form the casings for the collar?buy a load of polypropylene collars ?any avalanche finder would work Pieps, mammut....they all on the same frequency worldwide......only copyright would be shape of collar,change that and bingo???probably do it for 100k investment 

Ortovox make a transmitter that strong stuff made a collar for that works ok,it is a bit bulky as it is around the size of a match box but i never had any crushing issues when anything had hold of it,nor did it seem to hinder the dog getting through tight places so bellman ain't the only collar you have to use but it is the best out the two to be honest...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

This box has given me years of service with no bother . I wouldn’t have a brick , I hear Barryvox is an excellent unit .

71142C9B-F2F9-4CE6-9D9F-444BF2D55814.jpeg

Bought one out of Italy before Christmas for £80 came in original box with all the paperwork and cd and it was like brand new. Not giving bellman £300 for a brick when the little pieps box works every bit as well and there’s plenty of second hand ones to be had. Seems like ski hire places upgrade their box’s and sell off the older models. 

• Like 3