.Right  you see from the pic, they run along the top of the fencing  infront off the oil tank, used to shoot them before , and killed few, but now my garden been all changed, and carnt afford to hit the oil tank, i be fooked then if sprung a leak.All  it is really , how to stop the rats coming across  and taking the birds seed .  i know they climb up the wood, but seen the big b*****d  leaning over trying to pull the feeder over with its front feet leaning of the end of wood, know iknow squirrels  can balance etc, as top of the metal  right angle  frame only thin tube , not sure if a rat could clime along that, like squirrel could . what be the best way stopping the feckers  climbing cross to bird feeder,  next doors have got stock, horses, sheep, alpacas , so i know there always be rats, i can live with that , i did think of putting poison down but dont want to kill the birds , as love seeing them every day at the feeder .  thanks    Ray

DSCN1028.JPG

DSCN1029.JPG

Use the correct bait boxes/traps.  Birds don't eat out of Tamper proof species specific bait boxes, neither do they get caught in the correctly laid traps.  It simply isn't an issue, Pest controllers don't go round killing non target species!

Other options............….

Tell the neighbours to sort their issue!

Move the bird feeders

Take down your bird feeders.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...