Title race

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IHow the fk ,did a thread about the title race turn into a SAFkin C thread ??? Is it like Godwins law ?

I don't care what the result is ,I don't care if we don't win the league ,I don't are if hendo and Milner are shot ,I don't care if we have to spend millions to have any chance ,I don't care if no one

I think after Fergie went, with the subsequent managerial failures, the "soul" of Utd went. Now they're just another club, not the giants they were. It's f***ing great ? Cheers, D.

Posted Images

I think we discussed before mate that you can't just carry on after Fergie in the same way.... I remember UTD fans saying it was time for him to go a season or 2 before he called it a day...WTF....I'm a UTD fan and he is irreplaceable..

Every other fan will enjoy where UTD are at the minute, the same as us UTD fans have loved getting it over Liverpool for the past 25 years lol....

I like Klopp, I even begrudgingly enjoy watching Liverpool play, it's not the Gerrard show anymore (a player I would've loved at Utd, anyway different story lol)... they are a good side, great defence, obviously Van Diijk has made a huge difference, but the full backs are quality forwards and defending, strong midfield, I think they still need a real game changer in there personally, but there front 3 are as good as any on their day, Salag is the one that gets the headlines, but Mane is a great signing and Firminho is quality who puts a shift in.... 

Don't forget that before last season, when Klopp bought Salah, the pundits were saying that he had no finish. 'Pool have bought well. Even the bit part players snapped up for small change from little teams like Southampton and Sunderland have contributed to the points tally.

Arsenal and Utd both have showed the value in keeping a manager for a long time and also keeping that manger for too long. Getting the right balance is difficult, but crucial.

Edited by Nicepix
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, WILF said:

After 25 years of listening to Man Unt fans talk about fantasy football like it’s an every day occurrence......I have to admit I’m enjoying their pain the last few Seasons now they are back to reality ! Lol 

That Pogba has to go down in history as the stupidest £90 million ever spent by a football club surely?.....it almost make Andy Carroll look like sound business ! (But not quiet! Lol)

The blokes an embarrassment to himself and to Manchester United.

I always think your midfielder is the heart beat of the team and if he is the player you are relying on to provide heart and momentum then you are in deep shit......they should just wipe their mouth and let him go, even on a free.

Get him out of that club because players like that have no business at a club like Manchester United.

Your Pogbas of this world belong at PSG with all the other wankers, shirt hangers to model kit for the shop on the Champs Eleysee ! 

The question is, do two top class mid field players exist in the world with the heart, fire and spirit to drag that team and that dressing room to the level it’s needs to be?.......proper pros with a proper mentality ?

(P.s. Just leave Declan Rice alone ! Lol) 

Re Pogba....do you think our league is too quick for him ?.....he,s clearly an outstanding player but he looks to me like whenever he gets the ball he tries to slow the game down to his pace.....ive said many times i think theres a lot of great players around the world who would struggle in our league.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

Re Pogba....do you think our league is too quick for him ?.....he,s clearly an outstanding player but he looks to me like whenever he gets the ball he tries to slow the game down to his pace.....ive said many times i think theres a lot of great players around the world who would struggle in our league.

I don’t think it’s too quick mate no if I’m honest, I just reckon he is another Ballatelli......it’s all diamond ear studs and modelling contracts.

As I said, he is right up PSGs street.....shit league in a team built for marketing.

Jmho of course.

10 minutes ago, WILF said:

I don’t think it’s too quick mate no if I’m honest, I just reckon he is another Ballatelli......it’s all diamond ear studs and modelling contracts.

As I said, he is right up PSGs street.....shit league in a team built for marketing.

Jmho of course.

How did Pogba get in here?, no Kante? 

_106586813_pfateamoftheyear.jpg.e093ab8b18058bd30362b5e79460e9b6.jpg

37 minutes ago, WILF said:

Jmho of course.

I think thats harsh....i agree a lot of players think they are movie stars/celebrities and their game suffers for it......but when you look at his career so far he is an excellent player just as long as he,s not playing in the Premier League.....i remember watching him play for Juventus and he was brilliant,he was named player of the tournament in the u20 World cup he was named Best Young Player at the World Cup in Brazil....i read somewhere the goalie Buffon said he thinks he,ll be the new Platini or Zidane and i suppose his price tag reflects how he is thought of in the game....but he just cant seem to perform in our league for some reason maybe the players around him,maybe its too quick and physical for him i dont know.

Just now, gnasher16 said:

I think thats harsh....i agree a lot of players think they are movie stars/celebrities and their game suffers for it......but when you look at his career so far he is an excellent player just as long as he,s not playing in the Premier League.....i remember watching him play for Juventus and he was brilliant,he was named player of the tournament in the u20 World cup he was named Best Young Player at the World Cup in Brazil....i read somewhere the goalie Buffon said he thinks he,ll be the new Platini or Zidane and i suppose his price tag reflects how he is thought of in the game....but he just cant seem to perform in our league for some reason maybe the players around him,maybe its too quick and physical for him i dont know.

Maybe mate, as it stands a serious attitude readjustment is required if he is to achieve the status Buffon talks about.

I never begrudge players exploiting things for every penny, it’s a short career and they make millions for the club so why not........but at the end of the day any player, never mind an elite player, has to leave everything on that football pitch when he walks off and I just dont see him doing that.

Its a poor show mate.....as a player you have to ask more of yourself and you have to give more.

It takes more pride than that to play for a team like Manchester United in my opinion.

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, WILF said:

It takes more pride than that to play for a team like Manchester United in my opinion.

Don't you think that's a generational thing, though? I agree with you but I don't think football is the common man's game anymore as much as we'd like it to be. The pride of pulling on the shirt ended when they became multi-million £ corporations, IMHO. I'm not saying there aren't those that do, only that the number is getting lower every season. Shearer going to Newcastle over Manchester is the immediate example that springs to mind... Remember the outrage that caused west of the Pennines? Walking past Nobby Stiles' house on the way to school in the morning and seeing what a nice approachable down to earth bloke he was. I don't see that happening anymore when most of these players are so far removed from the fans they literally live in gated fortresses.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I agree with Chris its a generational thing we all think things were better back in our day im as guilty as the next man i preferred our game before Arab Sheiks,Russian oligarchs and Var came into the game....and as for all the box ticking black and female pundits it just makes me want to put my foot through the telly.....but on the pitch i think these are the best times we,ve ever had the quality of football and football excitement is far and away better than anything we,ve seen in any generation in my opinion.

• Like 5

Pogba is a tough call for me, he has been excellent in some games and a complete passenger in others.. he's certainly benefited from being pushed further up the pitch by Ole...

But here's the dilemma imo...he's not a number 10, but he's not you typical box to box (Keane, Gerrard etc) midfielder either, he can't pass a ball like Scholes, or boss a game like Viera/Keane...he won't score as many as Lampard, and don't even mention Zidane in the same sentence ffs..

But he can do most of the above on his day, he's fit, strong, can travel with the ball, head, score, strike with both feet....he is on paper the perfect midfielder...when he wants to be..

Wilf it maybe his attitude...also as you say Gnash he is outstanding for France, and with Juve....he certainly tries to play to slow sometimes...

I'll stick.my neck out and say I hope he stays, there aren't that many with all of his attributes around...I just hope Ole can get it out of him...

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Pogba is a tough call for me, he has been excellent in some games and a complete passenger in others.. he's certainly benefited from being pushed further up the pitch by Ole...

But here's the dilemma imo...he's not a number 10, but he's not you typical box to box (Keane, Gerrard etc) midfielder either, he can't pass a ball like Scholes, or boss a game like Viera/Keane...he won't score as many as Lampard, and don't even mention Zidane in the same sentence ffs..

But he can do most of the above on his day, he's fit, strong, can travel with the ball, head, score, strike with both feet....he is on paper the perfect midfielder...when he wants to be..

Wilf it maybe his attitude...also as you say Gnash he is outstanding for France, and with Juve....he certainly tries to play to slow sometimes...

I'll stick.my neck out and say I hope he stays, there aren't that many with all of his attributes around...I just hope Ole can get it out of him...

Unless someone waves a wand mate, that player is poison for your dressing room.

Manchester United should be about performing as a proper pro for Manchester United and nothing more........how can you have young players looking at that clown ? 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I agree with Chris its a generational thing we all think things were better back in our day im as guilty as the next man i preferred our game before Arab Sheiks,Russian oligarchs and Var came into the game....and as for all the box ticking black and female pundits it just makes me want to put my foot through the telly.....but on the pitch i think these are the best times we,ve ever had the quality of football and football excitement is far and away better than anything we,ve seen in any generation in my opinion.

Personally I think the turning point was the abolition of the three foreigners rule for European competition. It's done wonders for the clubs but I think it's been a catastrophy at the international level. JMHO mind.

3 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

I'll stick.my neck out and say I hope he stays, there aren't that many with all of his attributes around...I just hope Ole can get it our of him...

As a rival I can see the futility of going through the equivalent of a manager a season and I honestly hope he's given the time he needs to fix it. Saying that you lost arguably one of the biggest influences to the sport in history. I managed to watch a late showing of the derby the other night while I was in Las Vegas and I was disappointed I couldn't watch the passion of the United of old but going back to a few posts ago I think that level of passion has sadly gone in the Prem.

Honestly, NK. How long do you think this drought will last?

1 minute ago, WILF said:

Unless someone waves a wand mate, that player is poison for your dressing room.

Manchester United should be about performing as a proper pro for Manchester United and nothing more........how can you have young players looking at that clown ? 

The thing is mate the young players have time for him and speak highly of him...I don't know how he acts around them or at all off the pitch... he's not my cup of tea..stupid haircuts, poncy dance moves, more bling than Mr T etc...but he could be the model pro in training and in the changing room...we're just old school types mate, I remember a young lad coming to play for us and he had his name stitched on his boots...he was shit!! He didn't last the dressing room banter very long lol...

My point is more there aren't many central midfielders with all of his attributes around, if he puts it all together he could be an outstanding player...it's there for everyone to see.. it's a big if at the minute though 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ArchieHood said:

How did Pogba get in here?, no Kante? 

_106586813_pfateamoftheyear.jpg.e093ab8b18058bd30362b5e79460e9b6.jpg

No Kante?  Maybe because some idiot is playing the best holding midfielder in the world out of position so he can accommodate his old mate  ?

• Like 1