Title race

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IHow the fk ,did a thread about the title race turn into a SAFkin C thread ??? Is it like Godwins law ?

I don't care what the result is ,I don't care if we don't win the league ,I don't are if hendo and Milner are shot ,I don't care if we have to spend millions to have any chance ,I don't care if no one

I think after Fergie went, with the subsequent managerial failures, the "soul" of Utd went. Now they're just another club, not the giants they were. It's f***ing great ? Cheers, D.

Posted Images

51 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Personally I think the turning point was the abolition of the three foreigners rule for European competition. It's done wonders for the clubs but I think it's been a catastrophy at the international level. JMHO mind.

As a rival I can see the futility of going through the equivalent of a manager a season and I honestly hope he's given the time he needs to fix it. Saying that you lost arguably one of the biggest influences to the sport in history. I managed to watch a late showing of the derby the other night while I was in Las Vegas and I was disappointed I couldn't watch the passion of the United of old but going back to a few posts ago I think that level of passion has sadly gone in the Prem.

Honestly, NK. How long do you think this drought will last?

Regards league and Europe a good few years, we are way behind and need a complete overhaul, no time for rose tinted specs, UTD are a mid table side at the minute... I think we may have the odd success in domestic cups or Europa league, but city are light years ahead and if Liverpool buy a few more this summer they are too....Totenham are building something good and Arsenal have a decent manager there I think...even Chelsea may come good under Sari given time... 

It's not all doom and gloom, just need patience and if Ole is the man give him time...at least he'll listen to Fergie and he has decent UTD men around him...there are some decent youngsters coming through so we'll see

Edited by NEWKID
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Regards league and Europe a good few years, we are way behind and need a complete overhaul, no time for rose tinted specs, UTD are a mid table side at the minute... I think we may have the odd success in domestic cups or Europa league, but city are light years ahead and if Liverpool buy a few more this summer they are too....Totenham are building something good and Arsenal have a decent manager there I think...even Chelsea may come good under Sari given time... 

It's not all doom and gloom, just need patience and if Ole is the man give him time...at least he'll listen to Fergie and he has decent UTD men around him...there are some decent youngsters coming through so we'll see

Give the manager time ,back him in transfer market ,good kids coming through ,great support ,sleeping giants ...are manu the new Sunderland ? ?

• Haha 5
9 minutes ago, Astanley said:

Give the manager time ,back him in transfer market ,good kids coming through ,great support ,sleeping giants ...are manu the new Sunderland ? ?

Shit your right.....I'm.doomed!! Lol

• Haha 1
30 minutes ago, Nicepix said:

No Kante?  Maybe because some idiot is playing the best holding midfielder in the world out of position so he can accommodate his old mate  ?

Hopefully Kante gets pissed off enough to slap in a transfer request stating he wants to sign for UTD.....f only Carlsberg done transfer deals and all that....lol

6 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Hopefully Kante gets pissed off enough to slap in a transfer request stating he wants to sign for UTd, soon to be the second biggest club in manchester....if only Carlsberg done transfer deals and all that....?

• Haha 1
5 minutes ago, sid g said:

I think ole`s the wrong man for the job this time next year they`ll be paying him off if Liverpool and man city keep the managers and buy the odd players in they`ll be the 2 top teams for the next few year and the ones to chase ..

Agree completely on Liverpo and City mate, top managers, clubs on the up so no reason why the momentum shouldn't continue..

Said all along that this is the first time Ole will have had any money to spend, and he had to build a side, a lot of pressure when your in one of the biggest jobs in world football.. but he will listen to Fergie and knows the club, I hope it click for him....

• Like 1

One thing about old Fergie, if a player started to have a higher profile than his team he was never long for Manchester United......they were out.

Make of that what you will.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, sid g said:

I think ole`s the wrong man for the job this time next year they`ll be paying him off if Liverpool and man city keep the managers and buy the odd players in they`ll be the 2 top teams for the next few year and the ones to chase ..

Jmho, but if they pay off a lad like Ole who knows that club inside out, always had the right ethic and is an attack minded player in the Unt style then that club will be in the big boys wilderness for years.......he need to be allowed to compete with City, his mistakes need to be written off (Like Guardiolas) and money given to put them right.

• Like 1

Just read something earlier , since saf last game in charge, United have spent 850 million on players .

850 million and yet , they can still only claim to have Rashford , De Gea and on his day , pogba of any real worth play wise and in transfer standings . 

United have been unfortunate , I mean who could really have predicted the meteoric slump of Sanchez for example ? 

But I think a lot I’d being made of Uniteds slump by a lot of people with only a smattering of football knowledge . 

Mots currently en vogue in social media to criticise Ashley Young’s crosses . The platforms are awash with pithy gifs of things wildly off target . 

Ashley Young has gave blood sweat and balls to United for what 6 / 7 seasons ? 

Being asked to play a position that isn’t his natural strengths. 

I don’t think united are in that bad a shape . Honestly . 

I cant understand why ole got the job to be fair , and I think it’s made it severely unattractive to the likes of Pochettino at Spurs how poorly he’s bern turned upon from the first two three weeks in charge. 

However let’s switch fire to Liverpool, apparently a club on the crest of wave . 

What wave ? 

What have they won ? 

For me the major difference between city and Liverpool is pressure. The average city fan has no millstone . None . 

Liverpool run on the ghosts of titles past and with every season without a league title , pressure will build on klopp , from the fans , the club hierarchy and the media. 

remember  bentetiz ? He was once the “greatest manager ever “ after Istanbul . The saviour . The red messiah .

if Liverpool don’t win the league in two theee years , klopp will be down the road . 

I cant see Liverpool beating Barcelona, and I can’t see city not winning their final three games. 

United should come right in a couple of seasons. They’re too big a company for that not to happen 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Just read something earlier , since saf last game in charge, United have spent 850 million on players .

850 million and yet , they can still only claim to have Rashford , De Gea and on his day , pogba of any real worth play wise and in transfer standings . 

United have been unfortunate , I mean who could really have predicted the meteoric slump of Sanchez for example ? 

But I think a lot I’d being made of Uniteds slump by a lot of people with only a smattering of football knowledge . 

Mots currently en vogue in social media to criticise Ashley Young’s crosses . The platforms are awash with pithy gifs of things wildly off target . 

I cant understand why ole got the job to be fair , and I think it’s made it severely unattractive to the likes of Pochettino at Spurs how poorly he’s bern turned upon from the first two three weeks in charge. 

However let’s switch fire to Liverpool, apparently a club on the crest of wave . 

What wave ? 

What have they won ? 

For me the major difference between city and Liverpool is pressure. The average city fan has no millstone . None . 

Liverpool run on the ghosts of titles past and with every season without a league title , pressure will build on klopp , from the fans , the club hierarchy and the media. 

remember  bentetiz ? He was once the “greatest manager ever “ after Istanbul . The saviour . The red messiah .

if Liverpool don’t win the league in two theee years , klopp will be down the road . 

I cant see Liverpool beating Barcelona, and I can’t see city not winning their final three games. 

United should come right in a couple of seasons. They’re too big a company for that not to happen 

Brainwashed.

Cheers, D.

1 hour ago, WILF said:

Jmho, but if they pay off a lad like Ole who knows that club inside out, always had the right ethic and is an attack minded player in the Unt style then that club will be in the big boys wilderness for years.......he need to be allowed to compete with City, his mistakes need to be written off (Like Guardiolas) and money given to put them right.

When guardiola first came into the big seat of managment he had messi amd a handfull of great players already there . I cant see ole being able to convince the top players to join him 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

What wave ? 

What have they won ? 

SAF isn't infallible. He endorsed Moyes as his successor. He saddled the club with Rooney's eye-watering contract that hobbled the club for years after SAF retired. He endorsed and still endorses Jones when most managers would have moved him to Sunderland or some other non-league team. SAF achieved miacles, but towards the end he lost his touch.

What have Liverpool won? Well, look at it another way; there were three divisions in the Premiership - City, five other clubs, the rest. Look at the points table to see what I mean. Klopp has lifted 'Pool from the five other clubs to challenge City with far less money to spend and no financial trickery. He's also taken them to the Champions League final which has been beyond City. It is a fantastic achievement.

• Like 1