Cat amongst the pigeons !

Pigeons were the order of the day today, so me  Jet and the wildcat took a stroll down to our favourite hide down in a small copse on my mate kevs farm . 

Was bitterly cold when we got there at 7:30 ,but on our approach I could see a few pigeons flittering amongst the ivy picking off the berries ?

So got setup in the hide and waited with the dog . Not long after a pigeon  glided in just above the hide a  16 yarder and first bird in the bag ?and a retrieve for Jet .?

Then missed two on the trot ! But came good on the third shot just under 20 yards and whacked another that made it  two in the bag 

Smacked another pigeon hard but he flew like a bat out of hell,  we couldn't find that one but knew he wouldn't last long , we all do it 

As the Sun started to filter through the copse another pigeon appered and whacked that one clean in the upper chest with a satisfying pop , that was a 40 yarder give or take and sent jet off for the pick up . Whacked another off the same branch not long after , so that was two out of that tree

Two more pigeons from just outside the hide one at 30 ish yards and the other just under that gave me 6 pigeons , by then it was getting on towards lunch time and despite having a flask of tea and a bit of grub I was getting a tad cold then ! The bitter cold wind started to take its toll and missed a couple of birds, so decided to call it a day .

A cracking morning spent with the dog a few good pick ups ,6 pigeons in the bag and a pigeon stir fry for me and the Mrs tonight ?

The final tally 6 pigeon 

image.jpg

Inside the hide 

image.jpg

View from the hide 

image.jpg

You just missed that pigeon ! 

image.jpg

Edited by Gamegetter
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, the cobra said:

Nice shooting mate got the wildcat myself only been out a couple o times with it so cany really say to much about it yet mines is the 22 what is urs ? 

Ok , mines in .177 run JSB's through mine . Nice rifles ?

Thanks guys for the replies,  was nice to get out and about ☺

Regards, Mike

1 hour ago, The one said:

Nice going mate.  The lab looks to have a nice old big box head on him no like today's labs 

Thanks , he's a big lad alright ! He's just 23 months now but coming on good .

If he's half as good as my last lab, I'll be more than happy 

Regards, Mike

• Like 1