Mini Ferrets

When i started ferreting in the mid 70's my great uncle had a very lish built hob ferret, he called it a greyhound ferret. He was in his 70's then and had had been at it all his life, there were a fair few old timers then that had been into ferreting and they would all describe the same thing. Personally i think it is a lightly built ferret and that is it, same as you get chunky ferrets.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome Frank, what’s all this talk about slipping a weasel in your ring ?. 

Clearly none of you know what yas are talking about. Heres a pic of my greyhound ferret. Hes in the 20:30 at Pelaw track tomorrow 

Our team this is a proper greyhound ferret pal,  cracking worker fast as f*** think it were 32" to the shoulder best ferret I've ever owned got 287 rabbits out of a 2 holer with her - RIP Flash  

Posted Images

On 02/02/2019 at 13:28, Frank Rawlinson said:

It was heard said a man could slip his weasel type ferrets through his finger ring I wondered if I could obtain such for my bedsit accommodation?

I've got a line of very small ferrets you wouldn't fit them through your ring though lol. These are about as small as I would want to go though. There are a few chaps off here who have had one off me Flacko is one of them and there are a few others wanting one that I have promised them to.

Here are pics of one of the jills and one of the hobs I mainly just work the hobs and also a pic of one of my hobs next to a decent sized male ferret. You would think as they are small they are timid but the hobs are a bloody nightmare with other hobs. A male ferret 4 or 5 times their size wouldn't last very long they would kill it very quickly which probably seems hard to believe but they are cracking little workers and lovely to handle. All the small males are sound together it's just when a different hob is around. They've probably got little ferret syndrome ?

I took pics of them next to a toilet tube to give an idea of their size 

IMG-20190329-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20190329-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20190329-WA0002.jpg

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Our team said:

A small ferret is not a gey hound type. Greyhounds are very slim  and good for ratting. 

Shouldn't be wasting my time with this post but here goes and this will be my only post about stupid names for ferrets.

There is nowhere in my post that i have said they are greyhound ferrets the chap mentioned something about fitting small ferrets through a finger ring i think he said, (I can't be bothered to go back to start of post) the big buggers you've got wouldn't fit through a hula hoop lol. I just said mine are a line of small ferrets not greyhound ferrets, not micro ferrets, not breakdancing ferrets or any other stupid name i have heard over last 30 odd years. Names don't make them work any better as long as they do their job and everyone is happy that's all that matters.

I was going to put a longer post up but I'm a builder and it takes me bloody ages to type lol and I've got to get 3 of my ferrets down to the greyhound track they are running in the 7.30pm lol

• Haha 2

Our team this is a proper greyhound ferret pal,  cracking worker fast as f*** think it were 32" to the shoulder best ferret I've ever owned got 287 rabbits out of a 2 holer with her - RIP Flash

IMG-20190331-WA0000.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, wilbs said:

IMG-20190331-WA0000.jpg

it's proper one look at its pointy nose

15 minutes ago, fred90 said:

it's proper one look at its pointy nose

Thats how I knew it was a 100% greyhound ferret with its witches nose lol. She was a bugger for getting stuck down the holes it was them long greyhound legs of hers. She held the track record for 3 years at my local greyhound track lol