NV Spotter

Right boys, I am looking for an NV spotted so any suggestions but not a thermal as my pension will NOT go anywhere near one of those and if anyone has one for sale, please let me know.

my pal has just bought something that looks like a military head unit, don't ask me why although it will be interesting to see what they are like.

Phil

10 minutes ago, philpot said:

Right boys, I am looking for an NV spotted so any suggestions but not a thermal as my pension will NOT go anywhere near one of those and if anyone has one for sale, please let me know.

my pal has just bought something that looks like a military head unit, don't ask me why although it will be interesting to see what they are like.

Phil

'Tactical' magnetic truck or hand carry spotters.

if not what you want phil

give the lad a shout he may be able to make you what you want

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Thanks 1

Great stuff thanks. To be honest , I have just taken back an NV which my son in law has had on loan for the last two years so wondered if I could make it into a spotter, when I say 'I could make a spotter'  that may be stretching things a bit.

The handle and another lens will be needed for sure. I will take a few photos of what I have so ideas will be gratefully received.

Phil

This is the rather strange thing my pal has bought, not seen it yet.

IMG-20190201-WA0001_zps6k41nrjp.jpg

This is the NV I have taken back from my son in law made by a guy called Damion in Stoke via his ebay shop, decent enough but not wanted so happy to pull apart. I am hoping to be able to make some use of this kit. The IR torch is a T20 but I also have a T50, both of which are not used anymore and if I needed to bump up my Nitesite, I also have a Tracer sat in the drawer.

20190202_144632_zpsymbr3rkx.jpg

20190202_144758_zpsxl7dap9f.jpg

Phil

As I was a bit bored this afternoon, I had a play around with the NV above, stripped down the unit and replaced the 12mm lens for a 16mm I had in my bits drawer. I know it looks really Heath Robinson but it is just a test.

The camera is mounted on the outside of the plastic box which I guess should be on the inside but this box houses the battery inside and is too small to fit the camera in there as well so a new larger box will be needed and a method of fitting the screen flush to the box as I have only packed it out and taped it on for trials.

I have seen that you (some bloke, sorry I don't know your name) have some items for sale on Night Vision Forum which I am going to read through if they have not been sold and if you think any of those would be suitable, please let me know. Can you either supply or tell me where I can get a handle and black box as well please.

Here is the bodge up job for testing, the insulating tape is simply covering the holes that were already there from manufacture in the first place............................don't laugh as I get easily upset, believe that and you will believe anything.

20190203_151907_zps8utjgzow.jpg

20190203_151922_zpsqi5k79nr.jpg

20190203_152002_zpsm21zxalf.jpg

20190203_152037_zpscncgoznk.jpg

Oh great it is now chucking it down, bugger, I really wanted to go out and play with this but also to have a look through the weird head unit my pal has bought but even if it works, I will not be buying one and that is for sure, I can look a big enough fool without the Darlek head unit. ?

Phil

I been looking at doing a diy nv spotter too, so looking forwards to seeing how your build goes. Did you use an E700 camera? I took my old 700tvl camera out of my scope mounted setup and swapped it for an E700 and it totally transformed it. 

I really don't know Tom what make the camera is because it was fitted in the NV system when I bought it but I have just had a quick look outside but the range is not so great although it was not a fair test as it is not properly dark and raining. I think perhaps it is not an E700 camera but no way of knowing.

phil

Pm's are being exchanged. I have to tell you Phil, that torch in the photo is not a T20.

Depending on the IR pill inside, your T50 would get a brilliant result with either of the two cheaper spotters in my sales thread that you can fit it to the aimed mini weaver rails  - and they'd be £30 less without their magnetic roof mount base.

• Thanks 1

Read it right SOME BLOKE 

i dint say it was a t20 on the side I SAID with a t20'on the side , any dummy would know the the ir in the picture is built in ! 

Any thing for a sale eh 

and just for your information , I offered Phil a t20 to go with it , with a black sun ruby pill in side , I'm not in the habit of giving my friend bum information , 

so fec off 

Dave 

I think it was my torch that is not a T20 Dave although when I bought it the torch was listed as a T20 but never mind mate just a misunderstanding.

My shooting partner and I were out with a chap who is moving away and he has given my pal an NV spotter tonight so we will give it a whirl when he picks it up. I think we still want one each but it might do the trick for the time being.

Phil