THEY OUGHT TO BE MADE ILLEGAL NOW ! THEY ARE RUBBISH IN MY OPINION, JUST A GLORIFIED RAT TRAP AND YOU CAN BUY FAR BETTER FOR LESS MONEY , BUT IN ANSWER TO THE QUESTION  THEY ARE BEING MADE ILLEGAL FOR USE ON STOATS.

• Like 1

Rubbish in your opinion, well that a statement that starts and ends with your opinion, in my opinion, fenn traps have accounted for huge amounts of prey, and to be fair, hardly any foul catches  to me that’s s measure of success, we all have our favourites, that I will concede, but to say they should be banned, is bollox in my view,

• Like 2
On ‎07‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 21:26, 3175darren said:

Rubbish in your opinion, well that a statement that starts and ends with your opinion, in my opinion, fenn traps have accounted for huge amounts of prey, and to be fair, hardly any foul catches  to me that’s s measure of success, we all have our favourites, that I will concede, but to say they should be banned, is bollox in my view,

You got that wrong Fellah, it may have started with my opinion but I only gave the one ?? now if you can put a few pictures of your Fenn catches   [ Rabbits , Stoats ,  Mink ,  ]I may be able to point out a few Foul catches because just because an animal is dead does not mean that it was not a foul catch  , over the years there has been lots of debates on the use of Fenns on this Forum and many views have been written but in the end it usually comes down to two factions …….those who use a good number of traps daily over many years and call them inhumane and those who use two traps  a week and call them  humane , If you think that they are that good  could you please put some detailed pictures of your setts  and catches because me and others off this site would love to know the secret of the success of many   [  past and present  ] members of this forum would like to know 

bun046.jpg

bun055.jpg

bun057.jpg

• Like 3

The only defense I had for using fenns is we ran a big trap line and we already had lots of fenns. And replacements were cheap (and were often not fenns) and fenns in tunnels was all we knew. 

What ever job you are now doing there is a better option. 

That said if I had to run a hundred plus traps on a grouse Moor I'd prob have fenns for economy and ease of use. 

Compare a catch in a body grip to one in a fenn and there is a big difference in speed of death. As micky said there is a difference between dead and dead. 

Catch a hundred squirrels in fenns in a short period and you will see what he means... 

• Like 1