Vegan... pub.

So been pub. If some of you might already know. John ?

Had an interesting convo with a “vegan” - whatever that is. Never met her before. After lending her my ear for a while. She banged on about how it’s bad to kill and eat things for, I think, about 25 mins. 

Then, out of the blue, a land owner of mine, who grows vegtables for a well known supermarket walks in. I try my best to keep bugs under control on the land. She, yes she, the land owner, stands in front of the vegan lady...

”So those vegtables you want the world to eat, as much as this is great for my pocket, how are you gonna stop Mother Nature eating that food supply? Rabbits will, and they will, take advantage of that food supply, no matter what you do. The more we plant to cater for the demand, the more those rabbits are gonna take there share, so he (me) will shoot those rabbits to protect the food that you want.

Secondly,  If you weren’t a vegan, at least you’ll know that the whole animal won’t go to waste, a decent cow will not be wasted. Everything is used. Heart, lungs, brain, feet... everything. Where as James, will go and protect the food you want the world to eat, and yet ditch half the rabbit that he’s shot protecting the food you want the world to eat. Referring to the gut and so on.”

She said nothing.

The vegan lady wants to just eat vegtables but hasn’t thought that, by doing that, more animals are culled to protect that food supply. And yet, those animals that are culled to protect them vegtables, aren’t even used to the full as those that none vegans eat.

My landowners continues... ”by being a vegan... you don’t stop animals being culled, quiet the opposite... more are culled to protect your food. And they aren’t used fully. By being a vegan, more animals are killed, than by you not being a vegan.”

The lady left. 

Just a story. Thought I’d share. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

your land owner is right in one respect but the other comment he made                                                                                                                                                                                            "Where as James, will go and protect the food you want the world to eat, and yet ditch half the rabbit that he’s shot protecting the food"

I reckon he meant  you go a long and cuddle them to protect them ,because we don't see any shot rabbits from you   , only saying like ?

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, villaman said:

your land owner is right in one respect but the other comment he made                                                                                                                                                                                            "Where as James, will go and protect the food you want the world to eat, and yet ditch half the rabbit that he’s shot protecting the food"

I reckon he meant  you go a long and cuddle them to protect them ,because we don't see any shot rabbits from you   , only saying like ?

TRUE VERY TRUE

come to think of it we dont see any

shot targets any more ether

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Haha 1
On 02/02/2019 at 19:52, villaman said:

The only complaint I had about my meat was how hard it is  , I think she meant our tough it was chewing it !! 

I`ve read  using a slow cooker helps beginners tenderize their cheap " little cuts" of meat .

Try it Mitch  - no more complaints for you  maybe ?