Jump to content
garbs

Looking for purse nets

Recommended Posts

Hi lads and ladies I know I’m beating a dead horse but looking for some quality spun poly purse nets hi vis and good quality heard bills are mint but happy for any recommendations?         ps shipping to Australia cheers peter

Edited by garbs

Share this post


Link to post

46 minutes ago, garbs said:

Hi lads and ladies I know I’m beating a dead horse but looking for some quality spun poly purse nets hi vis and good quality heard bills are mint but happy for any recommendations?         ps shipping to Australia cheers peter

Hi matey, it might pay you to contact Doug Craig (username sirblessed) on here, he'll have loads of good advice for you. He used to live Werribee area but moved last year. Don't know if he's still in the state of Victoria or just outside. Have a scroll through this section, he's put quite a few youtube videos up of his ferreting, here's a link to his page https://www.youtube.com/user/Sirblessed/videos

 

Share this post


Link to post

Cheers mate I watch his vids and I  got 2 gills from him a few years ago which I’ve breed with my lot and are going great just tying to get good gear I’ve bought a box from jok and longnets from nelson which have been punished over the years and are still mint just want to replenish some of my old purse nets

Share this post


Link to post

get the 10z nylon...4ft long by far a better a net than spun poly....ive made nets of all diferent materials and by far the best is 10z

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TOMO said:

get the 10z nylon...4ft long by far a better a net than spun poly....ive made nets of all diferent materials and by far the best is 10z

always been my favourite net. just had crossbraid nylon and they are even better 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Don't get anything made of this stuff , well over thirty years ago my mate thought it was a good idea to rig us out with new nets so he nicked this Green stuff from work d made us 50 apiece , I  don't know what it was but Rabbits were always getting out of them , they are mega strong in fact I once tied three together and towed a van out the ditch,  I have burnt them gave them away left them but still they will turn up every season  I have not a clue what it is but Rabbits just seem to just roll out of them , I will take a couple on Sunday for Katchum to put down cuz he only has to let two more Rabbits go and he gets a silver  medal off Chris Packham ..

DSCF1937.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
5 minutes ago, micky said:

Don't get anything made of this stuff , well over thirty years ago my mate thought it was a good idea to rig us out with new nets so he nicked this Green stuff from work d made us 50 apiece , I  don't know what it was but Rabbits were always getting out of them , they are mega strong in fact I once tied three together and towed a van out the ditch,  I have burnt them gave them away left them but still they will turn up every season  I have not a clue what it is but Rabbits just seem to just roll out of them , I will take a couple on Sunday for Katchum to put down cuz he only has to let two more Rabbits go and he gets a silver  medal off Chris Packham ..

DSCF1937.JPG

Breeding stock mate breeding stock 😂😳

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

When was last time you touched  a net 😂😂😂

as I write this I'm filled with self loath........because this season I have been using a few nets ...and in particular the stop nets....I hate myself

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Just trying to upgrade some of my old purse nets I’ve tried to find someone who does hi vis 10z nylon purse to no avail. Probably cause delivery to Australia may be a pain in the ass any assistance would be appreciated cheers Pete 

Share this post


Link to post

Out yesterday and took my own purse nets well it seems that they got a bit damp in shed and my hemp nets were and are rotten🙄

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×