Looking for purse nets

Hi lads and ladies I know I’m beating a dead horse but looking for some quality spun poly purse nets hi vis and good quality heard bills are mint but happy for any recommendations?         ps shipping to Australia cheers peter

Edited by garbs

46 minutes ago, garbs said:

Hi lads and ladies I know I’m beating a dead horse but looking for some quality spun poly purse nets hi vis and good quality heard bills are mint but happy for any recommendations?         ps shipping to Australia cheers peter

Hi matey, it might pay you to contact Doug Craig (username sirblessed) on here, he'll have loads of good advice for you. He used to live Werribee area but moved last year. Don't know if he's still in the state of Victoria or just outside. Have a scroll through this section, he's put quite a few youtube videos up of his ferreting, here's a link to his page https://www.youtube.com/user/Sirblessed/videos

Cheers mate I watch his vids and I  got 2 gills from him a few years ago which I’ve breed with my lot and are going great just tying to get good gear I’ve bought a box from jok and longnets from nelson which have been punished over the years and are still mint just want to replenish some of my old purse nets

1 hour ago, TOMO said:

get the 10z nylon...4ft long by far a better a net than spun poly....ive made nets of all diferent materials and by far the best is 10z

always been my favourite net. just had crossbraid nylon and they are even better 

• Like 1

Don't get anything made of this stuff , well over thirty years ago my mate thought it was a good idea to rig us out with new nets so he nicked this Green stuff from work d made us 50 apiece , I  don't know what it was but Rabbits were always getting out of them , they are mega strong in fact I once tied three together and towed a van out the ditch,  I have burnt them gave them away left them but still they will turn up every season  I have not a clue what it is but Rabbits just seem to just roll out of them , I will take a couple on Sunday for Katchum to put down cuz he only has to let two more Rabbits go and he gets a silver  medal off Chris Packham ..

DSCF1937.JPG

1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

When was last time you touched  a net ???

as I write this I'm filled with self loath........because this season I have been using a few nets ...and in particular the stop nets....I hate myself

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Just trying to upgrade some of my old purse nets I’ve tried to find someone who does hi vis 10z nylon purse to no avail. Probably cause delivery to Australia may be a pain in the ass any assistance would be appreciated cheers Pete 

Hey Garbs

Why dont you start making your own ,I started only about two or three years ago only after about 40 years of rabbiting

never payed much attention as how they were made pretty easy really , And you can make a couple of big uns for when you get two holes together

Thats if you have time that is

cheers

Bernie