Dog or bitch pup

1 minute ago, Bobtheferret said:

I have two entire dogs and one bitch and they all get on brilliantly no problems at all. Bitch absolutely loves her boys and they both adore her. All extremely laid back dogs though. 

That would be my ideal. I think they will both take better to a bitch. ?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

got 2 lurcher bitches,3 terrier bitches and the 1 dog terrier......hes a proper f***ing dickhead when they in season,whines,cocks his f***ing leg everywhere,general sex pest?,never have issues with bi

Personally I'd have a bitch always prefer bitches and apart from seasons you won't have the problem of it being bottom of the pile till a certain age when it goes stiff legged lol plus dogs have a ten

just shows we are all different. always had bitches I think they bond better. as for seasons the old saying a bitch is trouble 6 weeks a year a dog is trouble 12 months of year. your choice. atb. 

Posted Images

got 2 lurcher bitches,3 terrier bitches and the 1 dog terrier......hes a proper f***ing dickhead when they in season,whines,cocks his f***ing leg everywhere,general sex pest?,never have issues with bitches fighting,only thing i will say mind is,too many bitches and sometimes you get the odd bitch having phantoms if other bitches are in season without them,mad as it sounds ive had it happen a few good times .personally always preferred bitches.....get a good un and you get your pick of the dogs if ever you decided to have a litter ?loads of tidy dogs about....not so many good bitches imo?

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

got 2 lurcher bitches,3 terrier bitches and the 1 dog terrier......hes a proper f***ing dickhead when they in season,whines,cocks his f***ing leg everywhere,general sex pest?,never have issues with bitches fighting,only thing i will say mind is,too many bitches and sometimes you get the odd bitch having phantoms if other bitches are in season without them,mad as it sounds ive had it happen a few good times .personally always preferred bitches.....get a good un and you get your pick of the dogs if ever you decided to have a litter ?loads of tidy dogs about....not so many good bitches imo?

Cheers bud. Most I would ever have is 2 lurchers and 2 bushers. That’s the plan anyway. Don’t think I would ever breed. Trying to find decent homes is a drama. Would rather take my chance and buy one in. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, white van man said:

All being well I will be bringing in a new lurcher pup. Bitch has been lined so all being well I will have a nice litter to choose from. Im not sure whether to pick a dog or bitch pup. I have 2 dogs now. One lurcher and a busher. I am swaying towards a bitch pup. Mainly because I have always had bitches in the past and also pressure from the other half!! Both dogs I have now have a good temperament and get on with dogs and bitches when I hunt with other people. The main concern of bringing in a bitch is the seasons and with having 2 dogs in the kennel there will be a lot of disruption. Something I’m willing to deal/put up with. On the other hand if I choose a dog pup will this change the dynamics in any way. Is 3 dogs together a crowd? 

Anyone had any major problems with brining in a bitch or a dog with a similar situation to me? 

I’ve 3 dogs and 1 of them has only been with me just over 12 months with no problems, over the years ive had every combination of dogs and bitchs and I can tell you if the bitchs are not spayed there a pain in the arse in season causing some dogs to spew there dinner up & some not eat and it can take there mind off work especially if they have been used as stud dogs it’s just a load of unnecessary upheaval,also if a bitch is in season when you go on your holidays it’s a pain for friends or family members who are left looking after your dogs. I would say get a dog pup it just keeps everything settled, I would also think long and hard as whether you really need another dog as it sounds to me like you have a good combination already,I think two dogs take some beating be it lurchers terriers or gun dogs especially if you like your dogs well behaved.

• Thanks 1

My line of thinking for years was never more than two dogs,they just a lot easier to care for and as long as the two get along its not much harder than Haven one 

Along comes a pup ,and a year later every thing is now coming into place.but they was time's in last year that made me rip my hair out and get to the point where what I love to do was becoming stressful and my dogs and family could see this.

My pup a year old now and the other two have excepted her into the fold but it was hard work.

My old dog started to shut down and my busher growled every time she set eyes on pup.they lived together for five years now a pup coming in, they wasn't happy....

I would go for all female, 

10 hours ago, Str said:

I’ve 3 dogs and 1 of them has only been with me just over 12 months with no problems, over the years ive had every combination of dogs and bitchs and I can tell you if the bitchs are not spayed there a pain in the arse in season causing some dogs to spew there dinner up & some not eat and it can take there mind off work especially if they have been used as stud dogs it’s just a load of unnecessary upheaval,also if a bitch is in season when you go on your holidays it’s a pain for friends or family members who are left looking after your dogs. I would say get a dog pup it just keeps everything settled, I would also think long and hard as whether you really need another dog as it sounds to me like you have a good combination already,I think two dogs take some beating be it lurchers terriers or gun dogs especially if you like your dogs well behaved.

Spot on,

2 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

unnecessary upheaval,also if a bitch is in season when you go on your holidays it’s a pain for friends or family members who are left looking after your dogs. I would say get a dog pup it just keeps everything settled, I would also think long and hard as whether you really need another dog as it sounds to me like you have a good combination already,I think two dogs take some beating be it lurchers terriers or gun dogsll

Spot on.

Edited by Moocher71
  • Confused 1
On 31/01/2019 at 17:34, white van man said:

All being well I will be bringing in a new lurcher pup. Bitch has been lined so all being well I will have a nice litter to choose from. Im not sure whether to pick a dog or bitch pup. I have 2 dogs now. One lurcher and a busher. I am swaying towards a bitch pup. Mainly because I have always had bitches in the past and also pressure from the other half!! Both dogs I have now have a good temperament and get on with dogs and bitches when I hunt with other people. The main concern of bringing in a bitch is the seasons and with having 2 dogs in the kennel there will be a lot of disruption. Something I’m willing to deal/put up with. On the other hand if I choose a dog pup will this change the dynamics in any way. Is 3 dogs together a crowd? 

Anyone had any major problems with brining in a bitch or a dog with a similar situation to me? 

I had a similar situation I had a nice beddy wip bitch given and brought it home to two dogs perfect til,t bitch brock down then one Saturday afternoon the dogs were int garden and the bitch got onto the drive both dogs shot up tut gate where t bitch was then decided to try and kill each other they went straight through t greenhouse then I joined in to split em up my left hand took three awsome bites it was proper monged one dog nearly lost his leg (life) I needed 3 ops ont hand so be warned be careful with season's cos my dogs loved one an other