Could anyone give me abit of advice on the law so I no my rights I was keeping my catapult and some shots in my middle poket in my truck so it's always their for when I'm having a genrule drive about and see anything but as I travel up to work in it aswell I've been taking it out incase I get pulled and forget to grab it when I'm either going for a mooch with the dogs or if I'm out round the lanes and see something sevrel times I got to get it and relised I left it home am I ok to leave it in the truck 24/7 or can I only have it in their or even on my person durying hunting trips that I can prove that's what I'm doing 

I do the same mate but I always have a bag of nets in motor, not totally sure my self if your concerned maybe put a couple of paper targets with it then I would imagine you got it covered.

Sure someone will be along with the rule book shortly ?

3 minutes ago, Chaff said:

I do the same mate but I always have a bag of nets in motor, not totally sure my self if your concerned maybe put a couple of paper targets with it then I would imagine you got it covered.

Sure someone will be along with the rule book shortly ?

Yes dosnt sound a bad idear abit simlar to having a baseball bat aslong as you have a ball but yes hopfully some one can give us the full law book so incase of a tug we no what we can and can't do because some coppers will try it on even if they are in the wrong 

I believe game keeper John has a short film on utube explaining the law on catty,s in detail, but if it’s any consolation I,m 57 years old and have catty,s in most of my coats in the door pocket of my van and always have think it’s more what you do with a catty than the catty itself that makes it an offensive weapon rather than a toy, ???

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I believe game keeper John has a short film on utube explaining the law on catty,s in detail, but if it’s any consolation I,m 57 years old and have catty,s in most of my coats in the door pocket of my van and always have think it’s more what you do with a catty than the catty itself that makes it an offensive weapon rather than a toy, ???

Cheers mate will look it up but yes as a teenager I never left the door with out one round the lanes we used to walk miles and I just started getting back in to shooting again and I don't wanna get done over something silly as I have my gun licence and that and don't want to loose it over getting took for a catapult as I belive they do class them as a fire arm 

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

Been on you tube on game keeper john can't seem to find anything about the law 

15 hours ago, the lamping ferreter said:

Been on you tube on game keeper john can't seem to find anything about the law 

Looks like its been removed probably due to the possession of a catty in the UK being such a grey area.

Last I read on the subject was if you were in possession of a catty on public land you could potentially have to prove why, and hunting with a catty was legal but if you injured your quarry it was illegal and you were open to prosecution !!!   

Just found this...……………………………..

Catapults are not on the offensive weapons list and it falls down to the intent of the individual and scenario to determine if the catapult in question is an offensive weapon, although this doesn’t mean that police officers will not default to the Prevention of Crime Act 1953.

3 minutes ago, TRUEBRIT66 said:

Just found this, your seriously fooked if caught with a blow pipe though !!!!

Catapults are not on the offensive weapons list and it falls down to the intent of the individual and scenario to determine if the catapult in question is an offensive weapon, although this doesn’t mean that police officers will not default to the Prevention of Crime Act 1953.

• 1 month later...

A catapult only becomes an offensive weapon by misuse or bad location, so any prosecution would have to show that you intended to in injure a person or damage property.  It IS, however, illegal to use pebbles or rocks for ammo, as this constitutes "stoning an animal".

As long as you don't do anything silly, or damage another's property, you're in the clear.

• 1 month later...

Got court on 30th April. Local pig had two fatties out my car and a knife, on my way home from army exercise. Trying to have me for possession of offensive weapon, bladed article and public order offence. Currently in afgahnistan though so they can suck a bag of d

5 hours ago, darrren said:

Got court on 30th April. Local pig had two fatties out my car and a knife, on my way home from army exercise. Trying to have me for possession of offensive weapon, bladed article and public order offence. Currently in afgahnistan though so they can suck a bag of d

Good luck mate keep us posted??

On 15/04/2019 at 10:01, darrren said:

lol,f***ing clowns....just tell them you used them on survival training.....for queen and country ?atvb?

On 15/04/2019 at 10:01, darrren said:

What regiment are you with fella ??? ....

Literally have tio fly back from afgahnistan tomorrow for court. They even f****d off my CO and said if I'm it back then a warrent for my arrest is out. Absolutely shfambolic. 12 years I been in the army no previous and being treated like a kiddy fiddler. Hang on no Im not if I was I'd be free to crack on.