HW 35 REBUILD

flynndog  540

Replied: January 21

90 quid it'll break for more than that in parts export barrel sought after I'm going to take in the morning about 10:30 could sort it then 

I paid 70 pounds in the end but their was never any mention of a bent barrel . I got it to restore for my lad as his first rifle . The worst thing is all the metalwork has been rubbed down and sent off for re-bluing .

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It does happen but most people are decent. this is what it's looking like at the moment 

I recently purchased a HW 35 from flynndog to refurb. I wasn't going to start straight away but I had a bit of spare time so the trigger has been rebuilt and is nice and smooth. The stock was stripped

Well he new it was bent before he sold it to you personaly i would not have payd no more than £20 or £30 for it but then again he told me the barrel was bent and you need a new piston a

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Xjrferret said:

flynndog  540

Replied: January 21

90 quid it'll break for more than that in parts export barrel sought after I'm going to take in the morning about 10:30 could sort it then 

I paid 70 pounds in the end but their was never any mention of a bent barrel . I got it to restore for my lad as his first rifle . The worst thing is all the metalwork has been rubbed down and sent off for re-bluing .

I feel for you mate

ill put the word out for a barrel for it and see what i can do

but im not promising any thing mind

but ill help in any way i can if its for your lad

what a nasty thing to do a young lads first rifle did you tell him it was for your lad

thats just a twats trick if you did

COME ON LADS LETS FIND THIS LAD A NEW BARREL FOR THIS RIFLE

SOME ONE MUST KNOW SOME ONE WITH ONE

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

5 minutes ago, Xjrferret said:

Bigmac did you see the rifle I'm hoping it's not bent. Before i sent it off I put a new seal in and the power was up to just over 9 I fired at my garden range and hit the cans so I'm hoping it's ok 

Just photos of it mate and you could not see if the barrel was bent

you will know once you try and group the shots on a target

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

I know 70 pounds isn't a lot of money but It's the dishonesty of not letting me know . I have tried to message him but no response yet and he was logged in at 3 am this morning so he will have seen my message.

Edited by Xjrferret
22 minutes ago, walshie said:

Perhaps flynndog hasn't read this thread. We need to give him a chance to put his side of the story across. I'd like to think it's crossed wires rather than an out and out con.

@flynndog ?

He was last on two hours ago i think he would of seen this

come on flynn

whats the crack

not a nice thing to do to some one that wanted a first rifle for his son

and it gives a bad name to this forum and members

give ur side flynn

mac

• Like 5

The barrel was shooting ok when I tried it I the garden hitting a can so thought must of been how we were looking down it my tablet is constantly logged in so will look like I'm online soon as internet is opened if it's no good bring it backand secondly I'm no chance getting things off here and selling them on I've built up from a bs a lightning on freeads so wbat . I've sold a Diana for a pal and he's put an advert on for tuning since he lost his job as an engineer typical thl though everyone jumps to conclusions like I say if guns no good I'll happily come back for it ?

On 31/01/2019 at 12:24, Xjrferret said:

I recently purchased a HW 35 from flynndog to refurb. I wasn't going to start straight away but I had a bit of spare time so the trigger has been rebuilt and is nice and smooth. The stock was stripped and has had it's first stain and the action is ready for bluing. 

IMG_20190130_130429.jpg

What would it cost for me to take that bike off your hands?

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, flynndog said:

The barrel was shooting ok when I tried it I the garden hitting a can so thought must of been how we were looking down it my tablet is constantly logged in so will look like I'm online soon as internet is opened if it's no good bring it backand secondly I'm no chance getting things off here and selling them on I've built up from a bs a lightning on freeads so wbat . I've sold a Diana for a pal and he's put an advert on for tuning since he lost his job as an engineer typical thl though everyone jumps to conclusions like I say if guns no good I'll happily come back for it ?

Thanks for getting back to me if you would have said it was bent in the pm's I would not have bought it. Not knowng it was bent I sent it to be re-blued so now I'm 45 pounds down for another barrel 

52 minutes ago, flynndog said:

Give over , you knew it was bent, also some gunsmith your mate must be if there is such a person ( if he didn't know it was bent, or springs missing out the trigger,  purely had the lads pants down, you should do the right thing & give the his cash back & put it down to experience,  let him keep the 35 aswell as at least he has put a bit effort in to fix it, 

That my opinion  & that isn't going to change

• Like 5