Bushing borders

Adampie8432

1 minute ago, Black neck said:

I had 1 donkeys years ago was a decent busher not the best but you had no fear of it dropping to ground more chance on it flying to the moon and back lol

?? good in some ways bad in another mate. You don't see them about these days, well the working type anyway. Atb Adam 

We have a few that hunt up well, they are little sods on deer,so much so that there are few woods that i steer clear of, it was ok when i had the lurcher but thats in the past now.they do drop to ground a  few weeks back had the older bitch out with 2 young uns put a fox up along abank bitch was in for about 2hrs, dont know if  she came off or it bolted as i had to go and get the motor ,my dog bolted a beauty a week befor that.they will rat as good as any , catch rabbits mutty in thick cover.as with all types of terrier some are quicker than others.

• Like 2
On 31/01/2019 at 06:06, Adampie8432 said:

I've seen all different types of bushers on this section but never a border or even heard one mentioned, so just curious do people still use them for bushing? Let's get your border pics up guys if you have one. Atb Adam 

A small pack local to me thrash about as keen as any other busher,early starters and more than useful.As with any mutt the way they are educated and entered is an indication of their working value.

• Like 2

DSC01045.JPG.7aa5744d468c54d255d5a748a2d12e32.JPG

11 hours ago, dave v mac said:

We have a few that hunt up well, they are little sods on deer,so much so that there are few woods that i steer clear of, it was ok when i had the lurcher but thats in the past now.they do drop to ground a  few weeks back had the older bitch out with 2 young uns put a fox up along abank bitch was in for about 2hrs, dont know if  she came off or it bolted as i had to go and get the motor ,my dog bolted a beauty a week befor that.they will rat as good as any , catch rabbits mutty in thick cover.as with all types of terrier some are quicker than others.

funny you say that....mate had 1 yrs ago would do 5 mins to ground max and come away,but he was a damn good bushing dog,push through any cover,Mark rabbits,steady as you like around nets and the lads Harris hawks...but a proper little cnut for deer?

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

DSC01045.JPG.7aa5744d468c54d255d5a748a2d12e32.JPG

funny you say that....mate had 1 yrs ago would do 5 mins to ground max and come away,but he was a damn good bushing dog,push through any cover,Mark rabbits,steady as you like around nets and the lads Harris hawks...but a proper little cnut for deer?

I like a border Dan