Finding land with Rabbits

Now this may be a stupid question so apologies for that, but I'm really struggling. I just cant seem to find any land with Rabbits on it, how can I change this?

I'm certain that with the amount of land around me there has to be some bunnies round here somewhere. Is there a certain time to go out to improve my findings, also what type of land should i look for?

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Get out for a drive and any field you see rabbits in knock on the farmers door , or put a advert in a farming mag , country supply shop so folk with a rabbit problem contact you look at research parks sports fields think outside the box 

Rabbits will live almost anywhere, but farm land ( crop fields) are always top of my bunny bashing list, this time of year I tend to go out after dark for rabbits in the summer I like early warm evenings,  over the last few years the rabbit population has had it hard with disease but there’s still some about, I don’t think we will ever see the days when we were shooting 40’s a night again 

• Like 1

The middle of winter is perhaps not the easiest time to look to be honest, unless ya out with a light at night. But then you'd need to be on the land before you get the perm. Spring and summer you'll no doubt find what your after. 

• Like 2

We have just picked up a new perm which is stuffed with rabbits and I do mean STUFFED. Now these fields are 5mins from my cottage and I drive past them God knows how often BUT I had never seen a rabbit on the land. The first walk on with the gun and NV was mind blowing, so many rabbits.

So where am I going with this, if I had a spotting NV and kept it in the car, I may very well have seen this activity a long time ago and have to say I want a unit to do some reccies using a spotter. The big advantage of this is that you can, depending on the land in question, scan for activity then go and see the farmer with a bit of knowledge and understanding of the situation .

I wish you well in your search.

Phil

• Like 2

I have never had a problem getting land but like most people I have put the miles in and also have had the luck to go out with a few lads who had good land and felt they could trust me to play the Game . one thing that I did once when I was driving through the country around April time was when I saw a field that was being grazed by Rabbits and the damage was obvious if you know what you are looking at , I went straight round to the Farm and asked if I could trap them ! he snatched my hand off and I was on , I got a couple more bits from that and I have been going a few years its not so good now but I show my face now and then and one day they will be back 

Picture019.jpg

Picture021.jpg

• Like 3

All of the above pal.

If i see any land while im out that has any rabbits on, i will find the owner and ask if i can help them by keeping the numbers down as some people like to see a few about.

If you have only seen a couple still go and ask as it could pave the way for some pigeon shooting or grey squirrels too but ask them first.

Also dont forget to give them first refusal on some of the bunnies pal as that can go a long way that your willing to let them take some for their table too?? Ive offered every perm owner that and only 1 said yes but its no hardship to dress a couple as a thank you?

45 minutes ago, Joshluke said:

Don't forget all the deer took by dogmen

It's the Subaru doing the work not their dogs I've seen some of those dogs over that way run supposed 4/5 a night  i took some lads out walking one night and they were useless without a Subaru and a gallon of fuel couldn't get a bend out of owt. I had a beddy whippet grey bitc h pulled 3 for em 

1 minute ago, flynndog said:

It's the Subaru doing the work not their dogs I've seen some of those dogs over that way run supposed 4/5 a night  i took some lads out walking one night and they were useless without a Subaru and a gallon of fuel couldn't get a bend out of owt. I had a beddy whippet grey bitc h pulled 3 for em 

About right that mate