International bird-nester?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Till it came out that some of the birds only nested on cliffs 

Or maybe he wanted some coin to join the Ashford dance club ,where l,ve heard mackem can be seen jitterbugging every Tue,s n Thursday night 

big money for the right egg  ,bird  in the middle  east    

Posted Images

Hope they are better with incubator than me. 10 thousand eggs over a 2 year period and I got 50 chicks. 35 of them were stinking guinea hens that I forgot about and never checked water level or temperature because I didn't really want them. 35 hatched out of 38 eggs. ? Fifty cent for pheasant eggs at the time when you could buy day olds for 70 cent.?. I won't be hatching falcons for the foreseeable future at that price. ?

• Haha 1
15 hours ago, stumfelter said:

Perhaps he wanted the money to buy one of them hot tubs for his Mrs......

Or maybe he wanted some coin to join the Ashford dance club ,where l,ve heard mackem can be seen jitterbugging every Tue,s n Thursday night 

• Haha 3

When I was a kid Birds Egging was considered part of growing up and no one frowned upon it and me and my mate were real keen at the job I loved climbing trees and the tall smokestacks in the brickworks then one day at Sunday School the teacher was talking to me about my hobby and told me that they had a collection at the Hall and I could have them , when he brought them to our house there was eight glass cases with every bird in the British isles [I think ] a day later I lost all interest in Egging and Eggs I just seemed pointless my mate Mark carried on and it never left him he went all around the World collecting and he did not stop when he got serious prison time over here , he had never bought , sold , or swopped one he just collected them and when he died his Mrs burnt the lot 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, mackem said:

He is dedicated,and prolific.

He has took it to a whole new levle he would of been getting good money for those,specially hiring a chopper to help him out ?

anyone know his contacts ??

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, mud said:

He has took it to a whole new levle he would of been getting good money for those,specially hiring a chopper to help him out 

We leased a helicopter last year cost two of us 4k'ish this guys like a bird-nesting james bond,i did a bit of reading on him,his markets the middle-east he was caught several times,once said he got the eggs from a supermarket ?

• Haha 2

Had a load of OEG brought over to me from Kent, they had to brake sharpish to avoid going up the back of someone, the eggs went base over apex, loads broken. None hatched. Same chap bought over some stags and poults - no fatalities. This is via ferry as the x-ray machines at airports arent good for eggs apparently.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

I don't think there's any need to smuggle pigeons. They leave lorry full at a time most weekends

An old mate of mine has been selling pigeon eggs to Indians for years, don’t know why or what the law is I just no he does and for strong money they have to be from the right birds of course with strong racing pedigrees maybe someone more enlightened than me can tell you why ?

16 hours ago, Greyman said:

An old mate of mine has been selling pigeon eggs to Indians for years, don’t know why or what the law is I just no he does and for strong money they have to be from the right birds of course with strong racing pedigrees maybe someone more enlightened than me can tell you why ?

My old man has imported 50/60k of birds in the last 2 years. All through a courier bought off an auction site and can remember him selling birds to kuwait so don't know why anyone would do it cloak and dagger