A lot of digging

As we sat in the truck getting our kit sorted out the wind was howling round us, once sorted off we went, it was bitter cold too, it wasn’t long before the rabbits were on the move, some just carried on over the heather and away but 2 dropped to ground, nell confirmed what I saw with a mark, all 100 yards of long net was soon out and round, 2 bolted quickly then all went quite, apart from the constant wind, out with the box and a couple of digs later saw a few more added to the tally, I was missing one of my albino Jill’s, I stared at were I put her in and ended up at the other end of the Warren, with a mark of 4ft, brilliant! Due to the sandy ground I was soon down and through, revealing said albino and her mate, of which was missing a bit of its rear. Nell was marking just over the hill from me, on closer inspection it was only a run through, the rabbit was just out of arms reach but with a bit of stretching I had him firmly gripped and delt with, yet more digging and a brace tucked up tight, not the wind I battled, I was on 16, and heading back to the truck when nell marked another Warren, this time 2 bolted together making my tally for today 18, my mate had 13 making a total of 31 not a bad day all in allB3785FBD-D15E-4B59-BD13-8F7E836A1958.jpeg.bf154ef74ba7e770c1606bba07b9815e.jpegcheers Neil b 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1