Kennel ideas.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I prefer wood , just incase of a parvo or the likes outbreak means I can just burn them and start again.. heres my set up now didn’t cost me anything I got all the materials free from a skip 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, starting out said:

aye the higher it got i did think wish i had dug it out to level of the field , anyway done now , theres 7 and im not going say how many are now in the house , theres a couple empty ??

yea done now and done well fair play.house full of retired terriers lol

Anyone put the drains directly in front of the bed box? So between the run and the beds.

I've seen this done before and it made doing kennels in the morning quick and easy compared to drains at the front of the pens. It's more convenient to hose or chuck a bucket of water in from the pen door, than from inside out, likewise with sweeping. It just requires the bed floor to be raised by a course of block or few course of brick so the water doesn't slosh straight over the open gutter/drain.

Just one of those innovative things you notice when around other lads kennels and stick in the memory bank for future.

6 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Anyone put the drains directly in front of the bed box? So between the run and the beds.

I've seen this done before and it made doing kennels in the morning quick and easy compared to drains at the front of the pens. It's more convenient to hose or chuck a bucket of water in from the pen door, than from inside out, likewise with sweeping. It just requires the bed floor to be raised by a course of block or few course of brick so the water doesn't slosh straight over the open gutter/drain.

Just one of those innovative things you notice when around other lads kennels and stick in the memory bank for future.

Sounds a good idea be easier to walk along the front with bucket or hose.than go in every pen and wash back out.

Will surely need the gutter rain water running through it though to keep the aco drains clean and smell free 

3 hours ago, king said:

Sounds a good idea be easier to walk along the front with bucket or hose.than go in every pen and wash back out.

Will surely need the gutter rain water running through it though to keep the aco drains clean and smell free 

Never had any problem with aco drains smelling if washed down properly once a day.A lot of the time mine would only get their water buckets tipped out daily and a proper blitz on the weekend.I think a lot of it depends on how well your floors and drains are laid so theyre working properly and not soaking up the piss.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, king said:

As long as it's raining......

On 30/01/2019 at 20:50, Black neck said:

Them watering systems work cos the holes in the pipe are tiny it would take all day to get washed down

If your using downpipe put a stopend on it and bore the holes halfway up and as long as your pipe is level the water will run out of the holes at the same time. That’s how I would do it anyway. Lol. 

• Like 1