Thanks, I'll get 'round to getting a dog yet.

22 hours ago, Campbell said:

I've been reading the Hunting life since 24 June, 2014.  I'm posting as I don't mean to be ignorant and all the posts on here are the greatest information on lamping and coursing, which should be LEGALISED, any politicians? I'm not able to get a running dog just now, flat too small, and nobody lamps around here in Campbeltown, too posh and farmers all pals of a certain Beetle from 1960's who is a veggie type.  I WOULD BE SHOT!!!

So no lurchers for me, yet. You guys keep me sane and the videos are great The photos of real dogs that do stuff are great. Legalise the coursing! ATB, god bless!  Martin  

Campbell it's jusup road fromt mull innit I know a lad that's jus ad ous and shooting lodge built up there he sed it was blathered wi rabbits when they started building 

On 24/01/2019 at 14:44, johnrussell84 said:

I was going to head to Campbeltown last season to try my luck but a few folk said on holiday visits the rabbit population has died back 

Rabbits were running about the roads in the housing schemes during the day a few years ago, especially the young rabbits.  Haven't seen 1 in over a year.  Used to be said the best tasting rabbits were at Bellochantuy, just outside Campbeltown John.  Before the new golf course was built you were walking on a hill and your foot would go right through the warren roof.  The area about there was riddled like that.  The rabbits will come back and die away again, it seems to just go like that.  Plenty of Roe deer.  Sika deer. Red deer aswell but ofcourse, canny hunt 'em.  Thanks for all replies guys.

• Like 2